+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Technics SL1200 MKII journey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Lee.

Default My Technics SL1200 MKII journey

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Technics SL1200 MK2 as a simple way to start listening to vinyl again. I sent it to Richard Talmage at http://www.technics-service.co.uk/ and had it fully serviced, plus a new power switch, and upgraded phono cable and a new arm installed.

I think it is from the 1980s looking at the serial number and was one owner used soley for hifi listening.

I have bought a cover to try and keep it in good condition, and a Cherry Audio 5mm platter mat, although the pictures are showing th original rubber mat and also an XTC1 mat.

With the technics I am going to be using an Angle Audio MM preamp or a Yaqin ms 12b phono stage into my EL34 Symphonic Audio Valve Amp which is hard wired point to point. I bought this in the late 2000's from a dealer in Hong Kong via ebay. I have yet to decide on a cartridge to use with the Technics, but have the following to choose from Shure M75ed typeII, Shure M95ed, Shure M97xe, Pickering v15 625e. I think I may also have a Nagoika MP100 as well to try.

I’m looking forward finally listening to music seriously again soon later this year when my energy allows me to.

I have been reading some of the forum posts and have various plans for upgrades along the way. I want to take my time and get used to the 'stock sound before making changes to really appreciate and enjoy the journey.

The journey begins

Last edited by eldarvanyar; 26-03-2018 at 20:14.
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

+ Reply to Thread