+ Reply to Thread

Thread: piCorePlayer+LMS on RPi.

I'm John.

Default piCorePlayer+LMS on RPi.

After some footling around I have piCorePlayer+LMS running on my RPi and I can listen to a radio station. Now I need to find how to scan and play music that is stored on my 1TB hard drive that is directly attached via USB to the RPi. I'm controlling things via the 'Squeezer' app on an Android tablet. Any tips please?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    After some footling around I have piCorePlayer+LMS running on my RPi and I can listen to a radio station. Now I need to find how to scan and play music that is stored on my 1TB hard drive that is directly attached via USB to the RPi. I'm controlling things via the 'Squeezer' app on an Android tablet. Any tips please?
    I had that set up myself but controlled by the (paid for) Orange Squeeze app. However, I found it a pain to use and now use Volumio after a short dalliance with Moode. I especially like Volumio's upgrade simplicity which can be done without removing the SD card.

Not sure that I detected any differences in SQ across the apps, but that is not surprising as I understand they have much shared code in common.

Geoff

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

You need to set a USB mount.
    To do so you will need to address your RasPi using a web browser to access the admin tools.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm John.

Thanks Chris, all is now sorted and playing happily.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Nice one!
    You can address LMS from a web browser by using the RasPi's IP address suffixed with :9000
    Bottom right of screen takes you into settings, and you can add plugins as required.

BBC iPlayer, Radio Paradise FLAC, and Spotty are all useful
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

Not sure that I detected any differences in SQ across the apps, but that is not surprising as I understand they have much shared code in common.
    Good to know. I am running Volumio, and also am dabbling with Moode. I was just looking at PiCorePlayer also. I think the main choice is to use MPD vs LMS/Squeezlite.

I'm John.

Moode (4.0) has the edge in SQ in my setup.

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Moode (4.0) has the edge in SQ in my setup.

Not sure there's any difference between Volumio, and Moode sound wise. Both spring from the same roots, and both use mpd. If you setup mpd the same way, running on the same hardware, it must sound the same.

+ Reply to Thread