+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The System

I'm Dan.

Back to Basic for a while in the second system for casual listening / Night Radio

Most of the surplus gear sold now time to enjoy again

Sony TA 88 / ST88 "Not put on Yet" & SS 70 Speakers - Pioneer PDS 703 & Yamaha P300 Turntable last too not pictured i moved left speaker over to the other side of the room such fun and really enjoying the listen OK not the best but it does play music which at the end of the day its what all of us want...Mixture of Records played from Fleedwood Mac / Abba / Bukka White / Bill Haley

Happy Days
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main System
    Technics 909 U & S Pre & Power Amps & Tannoy eclipse Speakers & Cambridge Interconnects & QED Speaker Cable , Marantz CD 67 OSE , Technics ST GT 1000 Tuner
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat

Vintage Second System:
    Sony TA 88 Amplifier , Sony ST 88 Tuner , Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers , Technics SL PG400 CD player , Rega P2 - AT110E Cartridge

I'm Martin.

I used to have a TA 88 and two ST88s, although one of the tuners was faulty. Not much power but a clean sound, plus they look good and the tuner lights up lovely.

One of the few bits of vintage kit I'd buy again just to have around the place.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Dan.

We change around

NAD 3020 Pre Amplifier
    Quad 303 Power Amplifier
    Tannoy DC1000 Speakers

Sounding Fantastic great really opens up the Tannoy's well..

Happy Listening
    Main System
    Technics 909 U & S Pre & Power Amps & Tannoy eclipse Speakers & Cambridge Interconnects & QED Speaker Cable , Marantz CD 67 OSE , Technics ST GT 1000 Tuner
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat

Vintage Second System:
    Sony TA 88 Amplifier , Sony ST 88 Tuner , Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers , Technics SL PG400 CD player , Rega P2 - AT110E Cartridge

I'm Geoff.

Surprised that works so well Dan. Both the NAD and Quad are a bit 'cuddly' in nature.

I'm Dan.

Works for me....
    Main System
    Vinyl :

Vintage Second System:

I'm Dan.

Some nice 70's exotica

Nice Tandberg TR1010 Receiver back in main system working well but needs a service will go on the to do list....

Sounds very nice with the Tannoy Eclipse...
    Main System
    Vinyl :

Vintage Second System:

I'm Dan.

Quad 34 and linn lk85

Would they match?
    Main System
    Vinyl :

Vintage Second System:

I'm kickinbacklistenintotchoons.

My Quad 34 (upgraded phono card) is / has been a keeper. It's fantastic tone controls (never found better in my decades of trying) are priceless in my difficult listening room.

Now doing Sterling work with my BIG Class A power amp.
    My stuff -

Analogue: Technics SL-7 / EPC-P202C
    For when there's no Analogue: Doge 6 CDP
    To discover loads of new music: Spotify via Laptop into Xiang Sheng DAC-01A
    Make music louder: Quad 34 pre, Nirvana Electronic Works A60, 60W / Ch Class A power
    Music boxes: Heco Celan 300
    Cleaning duties: Okki Nokki 2

Y'know, sometimes, Satan, come as a man of peace.

I'm Russell.

Thatís quite a collection! You really have been enjoying yourself!

But it begs the question, have you ever considered selling it all, and using the money to buy just one, truly high end system? Iím betting your collection is worth a mint!

Russell

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Funny, thatís exactly what I did about 8 years ago. Something rare and expensive that I really wanted came and went because I didnít have the funds. I looked at my Ďstockroomí and realised it was full of stuff that was very nice, but that I wouldnít really miss. Consequently I sold most of it and put the funds towards the rare Ďkeepersí.

Now I only buy something if I really want it, or if itís broken and I fancy a go at fixing it.
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast