So, I was watching a particularly hammy episode today, namely My Lady Love, My Dove from season 2 and the story focused on a sound engineer who wired up the guest bedroom of his house so he and his wife could listen in on the late night shenanigans of the couple they had staying for the weekend.

It was a pretty dreadful story and the lead actors were Elaine Stritch and Shane Rimmer, best known in the UK for Jackanory and Thunderbirds respectively. They both have very distinctive voices that led to steady careers, but in terms of actual physical acting they're a bit am-dram if you ask me

The fella had a 5-din socket in the bedroom skirting board that allowed him to run a mic to a position just by the bedside table while they listened in on some groovy closed-cup headphones using a tape deck in the bedroom, so they were presumably gonna record it all too

The weird thing was, Stritch was a rich, older woman who'd married him for fun but he was against the idea, saying it was immoral. She promised if he did as she asked she'd wear "the apron you bought me in Hamburg" and the "Wellington boots" and she'd even retrieve "the feather duster" from where she'd hidden it

Telly gold, I'm telling you