+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Daniels audiosector nos DAC

I'm jp.

Default Peter Daniels audiosector nos DAC

Lovely analogue sounding non over sampling (nos) dac.

This one is the top model incorporating the black gate & Elma caps and the better rca sockets.

16 bit only so not suitable for hd audio. 1 off bnc coax digital input. Mounted on a beech block board with isolating feet. Requires a case to be “safe” from prying fingers.

Very highly regarded dac this so have a search for it to see people’s thoughts.

Dimensions (on wood board)
    220mm long x 75mm w x 78mm h

I’d like £185 delivered which is less than they typically sell for (for the top model like this)

Last edited by diceman; 25-03-2018 at 13:18. Reason: Add pic

I'm Paul.

Good pen, that - world's best-selling gel ink
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Geoff.

I bought a Patek v2 "chip amp" from Peter Daniels several years back. Because I was in Canada for a limited time Peter made up an amp and power supply on very short notice and was then kind enough to demo the completed amp at his home before handing it over. I cannot overstate the quality of work. if I recall correctly, he worked in the aerospace industry and has top level fabrication skills alongside his electronics expertise. I still have the Patek v2 though it has been in the cupboard since shifting to Maggie 1.7's.

Geoff

I'm jp.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    Good pen, that - world's best-selling gel ink
    Lol, it was added to give an idea on scale, for most of my automotive based posts on other forums I use an Ng spark plug :-)

I'm jp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I bought a Patek v2 "chip amp" from Peter Daniels several years back. Because I was in Canada for a limited time Peter made up an amp and power supply on very short notice and was then kind enough to demo the completed amp at his home before handing it over. I cannot overstate the quality of work. if I recall correctly, he worked in the aerospace industry and has top level fabrication skills alongside his electronics expertise. I still have the Patek v2 though it has been in the cupboard since shifting to Maggie 1.7's.

Geoff
    He seems to work on the KISS principle and concentrates on the bits that matter.

I'm Geoff.

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

Geoff
    I’ve been using one here and absolutely love it. Wonderful sound, SS but manages to ape that holographic inner light thing that good valve amps do.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    I’ve been using one here and absolutely love it. Wonderful sound, SS but manages to ape that holographic inner light thing that good valve amps do.
    It's an incredible sound, not least because how few bits go to make it up.

I actually bought one of the Patek kits at the same time (i.e. boards and components) but never got around to putting it together. If I can find it I may put it up for sale as I can't see myself getting around to putting it together.

Geoff

I'm jp.

bump

I'm jp.

Easter bump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast