+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bi-Integrated-Amping

I'm Roland.

Default Bi-Integrated-Amping

Hello Forum,

Does anyone believe it is possible to Bi-Amp 2 integrated amplifiers ?
    (in my case I am thinking of Bi-Amping 2 Arcam A39 amps.)

I'm Stewart.

Looks like the A39 has a pre-out so that may be the solution.Pre-out into a line level input on the other amp.
    But why do you have 2 amps the same?

I'm Roland.

I don't own 2 of the same
    However I am thinking of getting another one because price is down to 60% of original price

I'm Andy.

Couldn't you just use a pair of Y splitters on each source? Or get some 2-4 phono leads made? Vinyl would probably be more tricky, but should be ok for line level sources.

I'm Rob.

According to the Arcam A39 manual (page E7 and E10) the natural bi-amping amp to pair with the A39 is the P49
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Neil.

Personally I am not a big fan of horizontal bi-amping (amp for the tweeters & amp for the drivers). In this case though, if you could trial the amp first, I'd be tempted to run them vertically bi-amped i.e. one Arcam A39 per channel.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Roland.

Too True, I should use the P49, but that costs £3,250 instead of £850 for another A39

I'm Roland.

Interesting, and why is that, Yomanze ?

I'm Andy.

Crosstalk may be a factor in preferring vertical bi-amping. Each amp never sees the signal from the other channel.

I'm Neil.

Default Bi-Integrated-Amping

I’ve also noticed some sort of weird ‘detached’ nature to having separate amps for woofers and tweeters. I find one amp per channel more cohesive. YMMV, especially if using an active setup.

...yes, lower crosstalk is a benefit of vertical bi-amping, plus less stress for each amp as each is driving half the load.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast