+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stiffness in bearings after tonearm rewire

I'm Dimitar.

Thanks, found it in google. Actually I'm not sure if they make deliveries outside USA. Some link in amazon or ebay?

I'm Dimitar.

Btw, on my main question, when you rewire the tonearm do you unsplit the cables. (the inner wiring cables)

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mindarelus View Post
    Btw, on my main question, when you rewire the tonearm do you unsplit the cables. (the inner wiring cables)
    From your link I can see two cables, the blue one I assume is supposed to be the internal tonearm one. It looks too thick and stiff though. I can't see from the photo's the connection on the unterminated end.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    From your link I can see two cables, the blue one I assume is supposed to be the internal tonearm one. It looks too thick and stiff though. I can't see from the photo's the connection on the unterminated end.
    I think the blue wire (terminated with a croc-clip) is to earth the metalwork of the arm.
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think the blue wire (terminated with a croc-clip) is to earth the metalwork of the arm.
    Thx, the other cable is far too thick, should have been split?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've just had a better look at the photo, and the unterminated signal leads are far too large to be used internally within the tone arm. No wonder the free movement of the bearings was being compromised.

The Kabusa wires as recommended by Bigman look to be perfect for tonearm re-wiring. (As well as being refreshingly free of 'techno-bollocks' as is often spouted by audio cable manufacturers.)
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've just had a better look at the photo, and the unterminated signal leads are far too large to be used internally within the tone arm. No wonder the free movement of the bearings was being compromised.

The Kabusa wires as recommended by Bigman look to be perfect for tonearm re-wiring. (As well as being refreshingly free of 'techno-bollocks' as is often spouted by audio cable manufacturers.)
    Absolutely spot on, Barry. I've had Kabusa in 3 arms now and Its absolutely excellent. I'm not getting into what's better etc. It fantastically priced and made by folk who have passion for technics rather than profits on The brain.

I'm phil.

Try splitting the cable which is how it should be
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Dimitar.

I will try, but if that doesn't work, I'll have to find a way to see is kabusa deliver outside the states.. pretty bad, because these cables were not cheap.
    The blue wire is the ground.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mindarelus View Post
    I will try, but if that doesn't work, I'll have to find a way to see is kabusa deliver outside the states.. pretty bad, because these cables were not cheap.
    The blue wire is the ground.
    They do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast