+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stiffness in bearings after tonearm rewire

I'm Dimitar.

Default Stiffness in bearings after tonearm rewire

Hi guys, basically I rewired my original tonearm, but then there is this problem.
    When I do the bearing test, the tonearm always stay maximum outside position. And I have the feeling that the cables inside are too stiff. This is when you remove the cartridge, put weight maximum backwards, and the tonearm should move freely to the inner and outer points when you play with antiskating.

I got this cables:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISOKINETI...EAAOxyNSVSTDGe

I think the problem comes, because I didn't unsplit the internal wires. Do you unsplit them when you rewire the tonearm?

I'm Dimitar.

I never got this problem with the original wires, so the problem is not in the bearings. Although this is recommended mod, and these wires are also recommended, either I didn't do something right, or the wires are too stiff to be used.
    Can anyone help on the subject?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mindarelus View Post
    I never got this problem with the original wires, so the problem is not in the bearings. Although this is recommended mod, and these wires are also recommended, either I didn't do something right, or the wires are too stiff to be used.
    Can anyone help on the subject?
    Sounds like the wire isn't as flexible as necessary or it's stuck? Either way it's causing resistance. Personally, I use KAB superflex. No resistance in any way.

I'm Gary.

This cable is for the connection from the tonearm to the amplifier, not internal tonearm wire.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Do the cables you show simply plug into the base of the arm? If so, I can't see why the bearings of the arm should have become stiff.

Have you changed the wiring within the arm?
    Barry

I'm Simon.

If it's an external wire only and you fitted a plug ti tonearm base chances are the excess wire in the arm is fouling free movement.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm phil.

Looks like the cable goes from cart to amp so should be good are you sure it's not snagged or caught on something.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Geoff.

I hope you're not saying you split this wire and used it for an internal arm rewire.

I'm Dimitar.

Guys, this cable is with its internal part. for the tonearm rewire-ing. It contains both parts. The problem is it really does look stiff. I can't find super flex in ebay, can you send me a link where I can order 1 of those?

Bigman80 Guest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast