+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Technica AT-95EX

I'm Dave.

The EX has an identical spec to the standard version and according to my price list, is available only pre fitted to their AT-LP5 turntable..

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    The EX has an identical spec to the standard version and according to my price list, is available only pre fitted to their AT-LP5 turntable..
    I believe its stylus is a bit sharper. Still just a bonded elliptical though.

I'm Dave.

Tis a mystery to me - both are listed as 0.3 x 0.7 mil.

I'm Kevin.

The differences I see are:

AT95E: 20 to 20,000Hz
    AT95EX: 20 - 22,000 Hz

AT95E Jointed Round Shank
    AT95EX Bonded Round Shank
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Peter.

I have the AT95EX as standard on my AT LP-5 and I have no complaints. Its sweet, smooth and articulated and plays way above its price point. Apparently the X version has a modified suspension. It brings me to the question just how far up the cartridge ladder do you go before you start to hear any improvement ( or I would prefer to say hear any difference ), I suspect quite a lot, then the diminishing return comes into play. My LP-5 with the AT95EX sounds better to my ears than my old Rega Planar 3 fitted with an Ortofon red with blue stylus and yes its set up properly.

I'm Graham.

See here: https://eu.audio-technica.com/hifi-p...tridges/AT95EX

It's also available on Amazon - Sold by Audio Technica and fulfilled by Amazon.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Graham.

See here: https://eu.audio-technica.com/hifi-p...tridges/AT95EX

It's also available on Amazon - Sold by Audio Technica and fulfilled by Amazon.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by homespun View Post
    I have the AT95EX as standard on my AT LP-5 and I have no complaints. Its sweet, smooth and articulated and plays way above its price point. Apparently the X version has a modified suspension. It brings me to the question just how far up the cartridge ladder do you go before you start to hear any improvement ( or I would prefer to say hear any difference ), I suspect quite a lot, then the diminishing return comes into play. My LP-5 with the AT95EX sounds better to my ears than my old Rega Planar 3 fitted with an Ortofon red with blue stylus and yes its set up properly.
    Peter, I agree completely with your comment regarding "how far do we go?" My system is only a NAD amp, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers, and a JVC QL-7 turntable with JVC Z1-S tonearm and Shure M97Xe cartridge. I recently sold my Ortofon SL-15 MC cartridge because it was way above the quality threshold of my system. I need another good but economical cartridge to play "B" grade LP's and I think this Audio Technica AT95Ex may fit the bill.

I'm Peter.

Graham, I don't see why it shouldn't fit the bill,

I'm Kevin.

Personally I would look at the AT95VL which is available from LP gear.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast