+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Which free picture hosting is recommended

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date: Mar 2018

    Location: Hastings, East Sussex

    Posts: 27
    I'm Lee.

    Default Which free picture hosting is recommended

    Hi,

    Not sure if this is the best or right place to ask this. I am still getting used to navigating the forum, so admin apologies if this is wrong or needs moving.

    I have read the postings pictures ssticky but much of it apples to Photobucket. I have used photobucket for years but it is now subscription and quite expensive at that. Imageshack is now subscription as well.

    Can you recommend which free hosting site to use as I would like to link pictures on posts for more interaction and interest.

    Thanks

    Lee
    Itís about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

  2. #2
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 5,002
    I'm charming.

    Default

    If you can access the forum via the Tapatalk app on a smartphone you can add pictures directly into your post from there.

  3. #3
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: London, UK

    Posts: 1,130
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    I use Flickr for photos, but for linking into msg boards I usually use imgur. It may depend on the board, but these are the two I have found most useful. However I don't particularly like the way Flickr organises photos nowadays, even if it is free and now has a very large free allowance for uploaded photos. See https://imgur.com/
    Dave

  4. #4
    Join Date: Feb 2016

    Location: Melksham, Wiltshire

    Posts: 470
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I use Flickr for photos, but for linking into msg boards I usually use imgur. It may depend on the board, but these are the two I have found most useful. However I don't particularly like the way Flickr organises photos nowadays, even if it is free and now has a very large free allowance for uploaded photos. See https://imgur.com/
    Use Tapatalk.... itís a breeze.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date: Oct 2015

    Location: Pulborough, West Sussex, UK

    Posts: 770
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    I use Tinypic, dead simple and no fees
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

  6. #6
    Join Date: Feb 2016

    Location: Melksham, Wiltshire

    Posts: 470
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I use Tinypic, dead simple and no fees
    There is NO cost to Tapatalk either. Itís Simple and easy!!!

    We all try to recommend!!! At the end of the day, itís up to the recipient!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 44,068
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Yup tapatapatapa is good for pics etc. Especially if u take them on phone. Just switch off the sent from bit lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

  8. #8
    Join Date: Feb 2016

    Location: Melksham, Wiltshire

    Posts: 470
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup tapatapatapa is good for pics etc. Especially if u take them on phone. Just switch off the sent from bit lol
    If you want to engage with this forum... then Tapatalk is the business.

    Photos, words , or whatever.... easy.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 680
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Just spotted this, and since Photobucket became mercenary, I've also tried to find a substitute. Three times recently my wife (who's pretty computer-savvy) and I (not so) have tried in vain to register with Flickr. Each time it seems we've got to either change or add an email address to Yahoo, which I'm not interested in. Either their procedure is incomprehensible/bizarre or we're going wrong somewhere.

    Photobucket slowly got more tricky to use, but the pic's were high quality and transferred to forums well, at least in link form. Forget Tapatalk (don't have a modern mobile), but can anyone offer suggestions ? Is Tinypic or Imgur better for a digitally challenged person like me? I'd dearly love to change avatars and put some photos up here, but can't at present. Ta in anticipation.

  10. #10
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Near Saffron Walden, Essex

    Posts: 5,803
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Just spotted this, and since Photobucket became mercenary, I've also tried to find a substitute. Three times recently my wife (who's pretty computer-savvy) and I (not so) have tried in vain to register with Flickr. Each time it seems we've got to either change or add an email address to Yahoo, which I'm not interested in. Either their procedure is incomprehensible/bizarre or we're going wrong somewhere.

    Photobucket slowly got more tricky to use, but the pic's were high quality and transferred to forums well, at least in link form. Forget Tapatalk (don't have a modern mobile), but can anyone offer suggestions ? Is Tinypic or Imgur better for a digitally challenged person like me? I'd dearly love to change avatars and put some photos up here, but can't at present. Ta in anticipation.
    There is no bigger computer numpty than me and I can use Flickr without a problem. I find it is easier and quicker than Photobucket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •