+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoom h2n and h5 mics at Maplin - and Maplin sale

I'm Dave.

Default Zoom h2n and h5 mics at Maplin - and Maplin sale

I'm told that the Zoom h2n is now available relatively cheaply at Maplin. I'm thinking of getting one.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/zoom-h2n-...recorder-n31kr

They also have the h5, which may be a better mic, but I don't think their price is quite so keen as for the h2n, which may be good enough for some purposes.

As Mapin are closing down there may be other kit which would be of some slight interest to people round here - PSUs etc.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Sorry I confused you re my terminology. Indeed thay are recorders with built-in mics, and I think that for some purposes they could be quite good. I think that mostly the Maplin stores now only have them to click and collect, and stocks are running down.

I have a few other Zoom recorders which are adequate for purpose, and also the h2n can I believe take an input from other mics which have a 3.5mm plug output, so could fill the same niche as some older kit, such as MiniDisc recorders.

These may well give better results for audio for video recordings, though it might be necessary to synchronise the audio with video in post production editing if not synchronised during recording - though that's not necessarily too difficult depending on the software available.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread