+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Hong Kong

I'm Nick.

Default Hi from Hong Kong

Hi Everybody,
    I'm Nick from Hong Kong, used to live in the UK but moved back to HK almost 30 years ago, still pop back to UK once every 1 or 2 years nowadays.
    Been a Hi Fi guy, on & off, for past 3 decades with favorite music including Bach, jazz & 40s-50s ballads. Guess old age is setting in.
    I caught the Magnepan bug 9 years ago and now on my 3rd pair of Maggie dipole panels, which incidentally ain't very popular here due to their demand in room positioning, living space isn't exactly abundant in HK.
    My current system consists of emm Labs CDSA SE player for CD/SACD playback, TW Acustic Black Night turntable/Kuzma 4Points tonearm/Koetsu Blue Lace cartridge with diamond cantilever driving Coincident Audio Statement Phono for vinyl, ARC Ref 6 preamp, Berning Quadrature Z mono-block & Plinius SA-Reference amplifiers driving a pair of Magnepan 1.7i and DWM simultaneously.
    The entire system is cramped in a small 11 X 16.5 ft room. The sound it makes is pretty good, my biggest desire is more space.
    Nick

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nick. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting system you have there. Tell us if you have any future plans for it.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm gone.

Welcome, Nick.
    Fascinating system.

If you would care to start your own thread and post photos in the forum's Gallery section that would be great!

I'm Nick.

Thanks Guys,

Probably no changes for a while as I just acquired the Koetsu which costs big bucks.
    I started with Maggie 1.6 originally, then upgraded to the bigger 3.6 but they simply over-energized the small room, so after a couple of years wrestling without success I traded down to a pair of 1.7i augmented in the low frequency by a DWM bass panel.
    Will work out how to post photos here & upload a few pics next week.

Nick

I'm Geoff.

Just a thought. If you want to be called Nick, I'd suggest putting that in your profile instead of Henry.

+ Reply to Thread