Hi all,

Recently i sold my Bushmaster MK2 on ebay and the buyer wants to return it. Her reasons are as follows...

Today only I was able to carefully check the DAC bought from you. Unfortunately, it is not working properly. When connected to my desktop via optical cable, it plays well but sometimes it just cuts off the sound for a split of a second. Or sounds like there is no good connection on the headphone socket or sound is like buffering after releasing pause or in the middle of the song. Touching cable or the plug does not make any changes to the sound. When I have sound paused sometimes I hear scratchy noises like poor connection somewhere. Anyway, I thought it may be something with an optical cable or computer itself. So I tried this unit with coaxial cable on the TV. And is still the same. It is really very random issue. My old dac/amp plays with no issues either with desktop or a TV. Therefore I would like to send it back for a refund.

She said in a later message that the SPDIF inputs were working fine so i'm assuming it is just the coaxial that is the problem. I only ever used the SPDIF inputs so was completely unaware of this issue. Does anyone know what might be causing it and if there is likely to be an easy fix?

Thanks
Phil