+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matching speakers and amps.

I'm Deleted.

I have, in fact I’ve seen it quite a few times.
    Account Deleted

I'm James.

No, it was the OP's concern though, which was will a modestly over powered amp be too much? Not in any reasonable scenario. But be straight here, did your own experiences of low powered amps blowing speakers happen within the last three decades? Power is now cheap, an incautiously unplugged RCA is far more likely to damage a speaker in this century!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Best to make sure the amp has more than enough watts and current delivery to drive the speakers properly. Main issue will be poor sound quality if it doesn't. Better to have more power than you need, than not enough.

Barring stupid kids whacking the vol up to maximum, blowing speakers tends to happen by accident or because of a fault. Not really much you can do about that.

Having more than enough power will never have an adverse effect on sound quality. Although there is a myth, continually perpetuated, that low powered amps sound better because they are low powered and for no other reason.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12