+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Garrard 401 9" tonearm

I'm Drew.

Ok....So I'm officially on the look out for a mission arm for my 401 , (alternatively I've spotted an Audio Technica 1503 Mk II which might be worth modding )....Would a Cardas rewire be advisable? What about a suitable cartridge recommendation? This is all rather new ground to me, the high/low mass/ compliance is something I really need to read up on!! Thanks to all who have and are helping out- much appreciated! Any who might have a spare tonearm of the type mentioned above for sale please drop me a pm ;-)
    Last edited by da2222; 22-03-2018 at 17:37.

I'm Mike.

THERE'S ONE FOR SALE ON EBAY

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Ok....So I'm officially on the look out for a mission arm for my 401 , (alternatively I've spotted an Audio Technica 1503 Mk II which might be worth modding )....Would a Cardas rewire be advisable? What about a suitable cartridge recommendation? This is all rather new ground to me, the high/low mass/ compliance is something I really need to read up on!! Thanks to all who have and are helping out- much appreciated! Any who might have a spare tonearm of the type mentioned above for sale please drop me a pm ;-)
    I had my 1503 worked on by Agnus (Phonomac) including rewire, new hybrid ceramic bearings and fitting of an arm lift and clip to the main column. It's truly superb and lifts this (already good) arm substantially. Highly recommended.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I had my 1503 worked on by Agnus (Phonomac) including rewire, new hybrid ceramic bearings and fitting of an arm lift and clip to the main column. It's truly superb and lifts this (already good) arm substantially. Highly recommended.
    +1 for phonomacs skills.

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    THERE'S ONE FOR SALE ON EBAY
    Yes, but the photo's of a speaker! I've contacted the seller but no reply as yet...

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I had my Mission rewired by AO with Ikeda silver wire, not cheap but well worth it IMO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Another Phonomac-modified AT-1503 user here. Angus does a great job on these arms, they are very good for low compliance cartridges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234