+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: M2TECH Young DAC help!

Bigman80 Guest

Yep, there's no option on the player so I presume that's why. Hmm, I'll see if I can get LM side loaded and see what happens then.
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    might be because its a disc os that its not doing it.

I'm Lee.

I’m not sure if it has been said as I have only scanned through quickly. You could use a raspberry pi to read the files and stream to the DAC. You could put one together for about £40 and use a dedicated sw such as Rune or Pidac which runs like a Logitech squeezbox and control it from a phone or tablet. Here’s a link to one blog
    http://www.pimusicbox.com/
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eldarvanyar View Post
    I’m not sure if it has been said as I have only scanned through quickly. You could use a raspberry pi to read the files and stream to the DAC. You could put one together for about £40 and use a dedicated sw such as Rune or Pidac which runs like a Logitech squeezbox and control it from a phone or tablet. Here’s a link to one blog
    http://www.pimusicbox.com/
    I'm not really sure how they work and it would have to be WiFi too as the internet router is quite far away. Looks like even more aggro !

I'm Neil.

Default M2TECH Young DAC help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'm not sure how or why, but this sounds WAY better than when I used WXP on the banger laptop and I'm really quite shocked at the difference. I am so pleased the DAC didn't sell!!!
    There are some real reasons why. Windows XP uses Kmixer that among other things resamples signals to 48kHz, and it is not bit perfect, Kmixer manages to mangle it, and it is also not a low level process, the audio signal gets no priority.

This is why it is so important to ensure that the system is outputting what’s fed to it, which is why it’s required to have lower level software like WASAPI or ASIO, or manufacturer drivers, to bypass the Windows mixer, ensure no resampling, and enjoy bit perfect files.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    There are some real reasons why. Windows XP uses Kmixer that among other things resamples signals to 48kHz, and it is not bit perfect, Kmixer manages to mangle it, and it is also not a low level process, the audio signal gets no priority.

This is why it is so important to ensure that the system is outputting what’s fed to it, which is why it’s required to have lower level software like WASAPI or ASIO, or manufacturer drivers, to bypass the Windows mixer, ensure no resampling, and enjoy bit perfect files.
    Top stuff, mate. I knew there was a reason it was better, just didn't know the reason!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

A recent Win10 update brought an obsolete (made obsolete by a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade") audio interface back to life for me.
    The device, an EMU 0404USB, is a class 2 device, and Windows 10 now supports class 2 devices natively (ie Windows 10 is getting away from the Windows "proprietary drivers" way of doing things).

The Young DAC MkI is also a class 2 device - the chances are that it is now supported by Windows 10.
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 04-09-2019 at 08:06. Reason: too much interfacing going on
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Lawrence.

Would be interested to know if anyone can try it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

That it would.
    Chris

I'm Edward.

In all the fiddling I've done recently Windows 10 sees the full capability of class 2 devices natively. The M2 Young dac uses the Hiface usb interface which Windows 10 supports.

As of ver. 1703 Windows 10 supports class 2 - current version is 1903.

There is some discussion on t'internet that the hiface driver (as updated for Windows 10) is better than the Windows 10 driver.

But I think Oli has moved onto an RPi solution since this thread.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

That the devices are seen natively is a good thing.
    If you were using Foobar to play music through a Young Dac MkI using USB you'd still need to use WASAPI to prioritise audio playback.
    So part of the equation is a constant. You still need to use WASAPI to stop the machine from manipulating the data, which it will do if it's not stopped from doing so.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast