+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TECH Young DAC help!

Bigman80 Guest

Serial number suggests its a pretty early one

Last edited by Bigman80; 21-03-2018 at 18:45.

I'm Nikola.

Not very promising Mine is number 00184 and sure could not be updated... But it s a good DAC, you can use a Linux Rpi for an endpoint and the drivers are Ok. I just had a MicroRendu and it worked right away and improved sound quality quite a lot.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Forane12 View Post
    Not very promising Mine is number 00184 and sure could not be updated... But it s a good DAC, you can use a Linux Rpi for an endpoint and the drivers are Ok. I just had a MicroRendu and it worked right away and improved sound quality quite a lot.
    I'll drop them an email and see what they say. What a shame, ive been listening the CDs all day and it's stunningly good. Trouble is, I don't want to listen to CDs I wanted to use my Hi-Res files.

This will probably end up for sale now. Gutted.

I'm Nikola.

Hm,

With a good PS it is quite capable, I had a sigma11 and it made a great combo. M2Tech has Marco Manunta who is a great engineer, he kind of invented the whole USB DAC thing with the M2Tech Hiface and started a revolution. The Young was one of the first ever to be able to play 32/384, I think in that early days of digital upsampling he had his own algorithm that upsampled everything inside to 768kHz and that is why it sounds so good.

Of course if you get a good price for it and you can upgrade to a Chord Qutest that is another story but if you like what you are hearing a MicroRendu would do miracles to it, one of the older versions could be bought cheap.

Bigman80 Guest

I have a very good linear PSU with it. The PSU case (Glued) has separated slight in the post so will need a minor repair but the DAC sounds absolutely fantastic. Its made me see there is light in the Digital tunnel.

I don't really want to go down the route of buying more bits and pieces. I wanted to use USB direct even though it's probably no where near Hi Fidelity. It's more about being able to listen to my HiRes files on the main system. If it can't provide that function, I'll sell it and try something that will. Just disappointing as it sounds fantastic.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Have you tried Win7 drivers and the like?
    Win10 is supposed to be retro compatible.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you tried Win7 drivers and the like?
    Win10 is supposed to be retro compatible.
    I haven't done anything yet, got a massive presentation to do tomorrow so just Plummer the CDP in and enjoyed it all day while I've worked.

Bigman80 Guest

Ok, tried every driver on their page and nothing. Not a single note.

Bollocks.

I'm Mike.

Cheap usb to spdif converter ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Cheap usb to spdif converter ?
    Not a bad shout Mikey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast