+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TECH Young DAC help!

I'm Geoff.

Not sure of the package size for the latest Linux, but it shouldn't need too much drive space.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not sure of the package size for the latest Linux, but it shouldn't need too much drive space.
    I'll have a look Geoff.

Bigman80 Guest

Managed to get a hold of a banger laptop on loan. Installed the drivers and threw the cheapest USB cable in the world at it.

It works and sounds better than it has any right to. Loses out a bit to the CDP in resolution and soundstage, probably due to the cable but, it's good enough for me to delve further into a good quality USB cable and see where that leaves me.

Bigman80 Guest

Oh, should also mention, that's an Avondale PSU which came with it. Only realised when I took it apart to fix the non working LED.

I'm James.

Well done getting it sorted Oli. At least it gets you up and running.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Well done getting it sorted Oli. At least it gets you up and running.
    Cheers Jim, it's a really good bit of kit this M2TECH! Love a good workaround. When life gives you lemons..........

I'm Neil.

Default M2TECH Young DAC help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Managed to get a hold of a banger laptop on loan. Installed the drivers and threw the cheapest USB cable in the world at it.

It works and sounds better than it has any right to. Loses out a bit to the CDP in resolution and soundstage, probably due to the cable but, it's good enough for me to delve further into a good quality USB cable and see where that leaves me.
    I would get a Lindy cable, as they are guaranteed to be properly in spec and are very cheap compared to ‘audiophile’ cables.

Also, is your computer set up for ASIO or WASAPI? This can make the differences that you are hearing with either one bringing more clarity and focus, and no resampling by Windows.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I would get a Lindy cable, as they are guaranteed to be properly in spec and are very cheap compared to ‘audiophile’ cables.

Also, is your computer set up for ASIO or WASAPI? This can make the differences that you are hearing with either one bringing more clarity and focus, and no resampling by Windows.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

How do I find out it's configuration. Obviously, the less processing before the dac is preferred

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.

How do I find out it's configuration. Obviously, the less processing before the dac is preferred
    Best thing to do would be install Foobar2000 and follow this guide: http://newarchive.cambridgeaudio.com...1353494368.pdf
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Any joy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast