+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating problem with Chord 2Qute dac

I'm Anthony.

Default Frustrating problem with Chord 2Qute dac

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right place. I have an unusual problem with which I hope the experienced, talented and electrically-qualified members of this forum may be able to help. So far Chord has failed to respond to my emails.

I recently purchased a 2Qute dac and I have to say it is very good, I have no issues with the sound which is first rate. However it keeps cutting out, briefly as if being turned on and off quickly. This happens intermittently sometimes frequently within a short period of time at other times there are big gaps between pauses.
    Also, I noticed that switching another item (eg tuner) on or off also causes an interruption in the music. I use a cdp as digital source.

I have tried the usual things like changing the amp, digital source and interconnects to no avail and am now out of ideas. The only thing that works is removing the dac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm Geoff.

Yes, you are in the correct part of the forum Anthony.

I can't advise on your problem, but you might consider speaking to Chord themselves: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepeak View Post
    Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right place. I have an unusual problem with which I hope the experienced, talented and electrically-qualified members of this forum may be able to help. So far Chord has failed to respond to my emails.

I recently purchased a 2Qute dac and I have to say it is very good, I have no issues with the sound which is first rate. However it keeps cutting out, briefly as if being turned on and off quickly. This happens intermittently sometimes frequently within a short period of time at other times there are big gaps between pauses.
    Also, I noticed that switching another item (eg tuner) on or off also causes an interruption in the music. I use a cdp as digital source.

I have tried the usual things like changing the amp, digital source and interconnects to no avail and am now out of ideas. The only thing that works is removing the dac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have e a similar issue with my Novafidelity DAC though only when running the TV through it, it will cut out for a split second, some times four or five times in ten minutes then nothing for days or weeks, haven't a clue why?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

sounds like it is having trouble keeping the signal locked. Could be the connection. How are you connecting it to the CD player?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Anthony.

I connect the dac through the coax input and have tried two different leads and use an adapter with both. Both leads are new.
    The dealer had experienced the problem before when the fault was traced to an ethernet cable.

I have tried to contact Chord who,'endeavour to respond in 48 hours' but haven't replied in 6 days.
    Anthony

I'm Martin.

Have you tried a different transport?

If the problem persists despite swapping out the interconnect and the transport then the problem has to be the DAC, I don't see any alternative.

If you don't have a spare transport try hooking up a computer and see if you still have the issue.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Anthony.

Hi Martin

I have swapped the transport for a tuner - same problem. I have also swapped all the cables in turn - same problem. Like you I thought it must be the dac; it was swapped by the dealer. I plugged it in thinking all would be well but - same problem. Could it be a problem with a batch of units?
    I am really disappointed with Chord's lack of response. I may phone the dealer again and see if he can get a response from them.

Anthony

I'm Martin.

Next step would be to try a different DAC. Ideally a different make and model entirely in case it is a batch issue which does happen. If you can, borrow one that is in fault-free long-term use already so you have a known quantity to test with. If problem still persists, then you have some other, weird technical issue that might take some serious investigation.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Anthony.

Thanks for your help Martin.
    I'll fiddle some more tomorrow and just check things again. I'll keep you informed.

I'm Pavel.

Does the issue happen if you use optical connection?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast