+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UK Audio Mart

I'm Graham.

Default UK Audio Mart

Anyone have any experience using this site,placed an ad a week back and have a potential buyer,but he's based in Hong Kong,so I am somewhat reluctant to proceed any further until I know it's safe to do so as I have zero experience selling out side the UK.

TIA
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Graham.

Paypal
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, used this site with great success. Insist on BACS or swift payment via the bank. Allow three days after payment then post at will. No problems ever.

I'm Martin.

Forget paypal, insist on a bank transfer then he can't claim it back. As long as you have cleared funds before you ship then you're golden.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Forget paypal, insist on a bank transfer then he can't claim it back. As long as you have cleared funds before you ship then you're golden.
    If the OP was buying and the seller insisted on BACS we'd all be saying ' NO!!! You can't get your money back if it does tits up'
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    If the OP was buying and the seller insisted on BACS we'd all be saying ' NO!!! You can't get your money back if it does tits up'
    True, it entirely depends which side of the transaction you know is trustworthy

Fact remains if you ship it to HK and the bloke decides to get his refund from paypal, you're screwed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I do sell bits now and then, but I will not ship outside UK. Too much aggro if things go wrong.

I'm Graham.

Thanks guys,thought the same ref Paypal,if I can't get it done via bank transfer I think I will forget it.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

+ Reply to Thread