Hello,

Years ago, I started my Hifi#1 with Arcam A90 which is a 90 (actually tested at over 100) Watt Integrated Amp, an older CD player, and nondescript Speakers...
I don't remember which order I added to this system, but I soon added a P90 Arcam power amp, and was able to bi-amp the speakers, settling on B&W 704 floorstanders.

Bi-Amping (the integrated amp drives the Treble, and the Power amp drives the Bass) works very well... basically, 200W going into each speaker.
I've been told it's not about the Watts... well no, and maybe yes it is... all things being equal 200W is better, and far more relaxed a sound than 100W, as bi-amping demonstrated very clearly.

Now this might sound dumb, as I've little experience in the matter... but would Tri or quad amping be feasible ? (since a used P90 would not cost much).
I'm thinking A90 to drive treble L and R, and P90 L Bass, and P90 R Bass ? Is this what Monobloc Amps do ?

Or let's just say I wanted a new system with 140W into Bass and 140W into Treble...(let's say more power than my latest Arcam A39 which is an integrated 120W amp) what equipment would currently do that ?

Thanks in Advance, Roland