+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Induction cooking

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Le Creuset would be perfect and all pans should be pretty flat also for good induction cooking
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exactly. Worry not, Svend. We're got quite a few Le Creuset pans, and they all work just fine on our induction hobs!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That simply depends on your cooking style. Depending on who's doing the cooking, it may or may not be relevant to the final results produced

Marco.
    One interesting point is that in general you don't see the pros, or big restaurant kitchens using them. They seem committed gas fans.

Another annoyance is the controls don't have 'knob feel' And many induction hob controls, where the control is touch sensitive (not all are), are just plain non-responsive.

That said the house I have my eyes on has an immense induction hob, so I'd better get to liking it (it is a range with genuine 'knob feel').

Plus you need suitable pans. It isn't all good, but they do have merits, no question. I hate cleaning my current gas hob with a vengeance.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

All relevant points, Justers. I think the restaurant/pro angle is largely to do with wholesale catering equipment, in terms of cookers, currently mostly being supplied as gas-powered. That may change though, as induction takes off.

Also, there's no doubt that the 'jet engine'-powered gas 'burners', used in some commercial kitchens (and commonly found in those in Chinese restaurants) offer distinct advantages with wok-based cooking, when preparing oriental food.

However, that doesn't really apply to the weedy (in comparison) gas hobs found on domestic cookers, where I'd contend that induction could do just as good a job.

'Knob feel' isn't a big thing for me!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Svend.

Thanks all! Good info to know. We should be fine then, other than with a couple of rustic pioneer style cast iron pans whose bottoms aren't flat -- Lodge brand from the US, pretty inexpensive, easy to replace, and can be relegated to duty on the outdoor grill. The aluminum non-stick ones are throw-aways too...nothing worth keeping. We'll definitely look into these induction ranges. Great concept.

I'm Bill.

The only thing I didn't like about an expensive NEFF induction hob that I installed recently was the buzzing from it when on a medium to high setting.

Cheers. Bill

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by BilliumB View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about an expensive NEFF induction hob that I installed recently was the buzzing from it when on a medium to high setting.

Cheers. Bill
    I don't get any buzzing from my AEG but there is a 'certain' sound that inductions seem to have
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

My solution to annoying noises, whether its in the home or the car, is to turn up the music until the noise is drowned out Works great with all kinds of rattles, squeaks and buzzes, and of course James Corden's voice.

Don't know anything about induction hobs, but a change of cooker may be happening at some point this year, and they do look pretty cool (hopefully not literally)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mark.

Reading these posts caused me to think of my childhood in South Wales when cooking on an open coal fire was commonplace. Touch control my @rse! Lucky if your pinny didn't go up in flames. Great fun making toast with a big long toasting fork though and nothing like a bit of soot in your fry-up for seasoning!

I'm Grant.

Default Induction cooking

Not used mine much yet but when I have Ive been very impressed A big step up from gas imv.
    Just got s new pan to use on it as all my ones of this type were no good so went for a sauté pan from Germany.

Stainless and ovenproof too with real teflon coating
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast