+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time for North West Audio Show 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I quite liked these single-driver speakers, which seemed to work well in the partnering system, playing music through Tidal:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yer welcome, Brian

Perhaps someone could remind me of who's room this was:

I do remember it produced a nicely boppy little sound
    It is High End Cable room, Marco.

http://www.highendcable.co.uk

Ah, thanks Chris!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

They obviously created an 'echo'.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Interesting... Can't recall those at all. Can you remember which room they were in, from the show guide, or perhaps link to their website, so I can see what you're talking about?

Told you Alan's keks were epic... You never got to see what was underneath them, though (tickets only session, after hours, where rusty tweezers and gimp masks are handed out, and we all bark like dogs)

Marco.
    Sorry Marco, memory's letting me down, not even sure if they were called Dutch + Dutch now. All I remember was that they were fairly large standmounts, gloss black, active, and priced at £8995. and the walls of the room were black and dotted with blue LED's. I moved through these last rooms rather quickly as Mrs, P's boredom threshold was approaching.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They obviously created an 'echo'.
    Fixed!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Justin.

I don't believe anyone really went. I can't see a single human in any of the pics. And the ATC room is just masses of empty chairs!

And where is the picture of Alan's trousers FFS?

Anyway those huge OBs look to have been right down my street. And I missed the Lampi Pacific too. I almost think I should have gone, but it is a trek from here.

Thanks for the pics, chaps. Enjoying your banter, Marco, and that of others.

I'm Geoff.

I quite liked these single-driver speakers

Marco.
    The speakers look like Frugel designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry Marco, memory's letting me down, not even sure if they were called Dutch + Dutch now. All I remember was that they were fairly large standmounts, gloss black, active, and priced at £8995. and the walls of the room were black and dotted with blue LED's. I moved through these last rooms rather quickly as Mrs, P's boredom threshold was approaching.
    Did they look anything like this: https://dutchdutch.com/8c

You need to learn to train 'Mrs P' better, or otherwise next time leave her at home!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm fabulous.

I quite liked these single-driver speakers, which seemed to work well in the partnering system, playing music through Tidal:

Marco.
    Spent about half-an-hour in that room.. Good sound for £600 kits it has to be said. Although when it went to more "rockier" tracks you started to hit the limitations of even the clever transmission line designs of the boxes. If you like lots of vocal and acoustic music they were bargains in my opinion.
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast