+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: It’s time for North West Audio Show 2018

Bigman80 Guest

Lol, I'm not up to date to be fair, the daleks have evolved!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Stairs, anti gravity drive underneath solved that issue long ago

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Daleks weren't shown going up and down stairs, but even back in the mid 60's (The Chase) they were shown at different levels in the sets (haunted house exhibition and the Marie Celeste) but the BBC couldn't show them getting there.

I'll get me coat............
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The Daleks weren't shown going up and down stairs, but even back in the mid 60's (The Chase) they were shown at different levels in the sets (haunted house exhibition and the Marie Celeste) but the BBC couldn't show them getting there.

I'll get me coat............
    Lol, or anorak

I'm Steve.

The Daleks had to evolve, they were truly the worst equipped plumbers in town. Just a plunger to unblock sinks and baths, and with no means to get upstairs to the bathroom (we don't all live in a bungalow).

It was a case of adapt or go out of business. No wonder they're such bad tempered buggers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

They could use their built-in egg whisks to get jobs as omelette chefs in posh hotels.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Have utensils will (time) travel...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - it's a crazy/mad price for a cartridge, no doubt, but trust me, it definitely delivered the musical goods, unlike the 'all hi-fi and no music' forensic-meisters one normally finds today, with super high-end MC cartridges!

I don't think I've ever heard anything better. Bloody fugly looking thing though, although obviously very well 'screwed together'.

Marco.
    Not so much "fugly" more vulgar bling. I'll let you be the first to audition one on behalf of AoS.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Isn't vulgar bling, by definition, "fugly"?

The Japs (and Chinese), when it comes to styling their equipment, often seem to enjoy a bit of bling. Rather like that shiny 'faux rosewood' wood veneer, one sees on some high-end vintage Pioneer turntables, coupled with gold bits plastered around them. It's just not my thing at all - and couldn't live with it no matter how good it sounded

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

This is an example of “vulgar bling”:

or

These are examples of “fugly”:

or

All IMO of course.
    Barry

I'm David.

Now that the chatter for the show has died down, what was the view on the music that exhibitors we’re using? Typical stuff? Did anyone hear anything interesting or different?
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast