+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time for North West Audio Show 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I don't believe anyone really went. I can't see a single human in any of the pics. And the ATC room is just masses of empty chairs!

And where is the picture of Alan's trousers FFS?

Anyway those huge OBs look to have been right down my street. And I missed the Lampi Pacific too. I almost think I should have gone, but it is a trek from here.

Thanks for the pics, chaps. Enjoying your banter, Marco, and that of others.
    Nae worries, someone had to take the mantle from you of chief pictchoorizer, up in this neck of the woods. Can't match the quality of yours, though.

I think some of the pics have come out ok, considering that I was only using a cheap digital camera, and mostly didn't have much time to take them (just quickly pointing and shooting, as it were), especially when rooms were full of folk (yes) and I was standing up in front of them all to get a clear shot of what I was photographing - hence why there are none of baldy, pee-stained pensioners, sat with their carrier bags and pained expressions!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Did they look anything like this: https://dutchdutch.com/8c

You need to learn to train 'Mrs P' better, or otherwise next time leave her at home!

Marco.
    Yes that probably is them.

I take your point about the missus, but she is the only person I know that would accompany me to this. And I can't be trusted to find the place on my own. I'm worse than useless with satnav, and if I relied on directions from strangers I would probably end up at Munich or Chicago.

I didn't feel comfortable asking Alan about the contents of his trousers, after all it was only our first date. And the cuffs of his pant legs were too tight to enable any chance of "upskirting".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Lol - shame we never got a chance to meet up. It would've likely been a giggle!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

hence why there are none of baldy, pee-stained pensioners, sat with their carrier bags and pained expressions!

Marco.
    But alas, tis only a question of time before one becomes a member of such a club. Everything comes to he who waits

Then WTF are you/we all gonna do? Go to shows with pee stained pants and bald heads, I guess.

Lol..... I've already reduced my attendance at shows to once, annually, at Cranage, which is simply because it's convenient, as it's less than 50 minutes drive from home. It's also a good show.

My reduction in going to shows is simply because I'm not as into hi-fi as I once was (hence why I don't talk about it as much now), so often find these events somewhat sad and depressing [this one wasn't, though], and because I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.

And given the maintenance of good health, that's only liable to increase, especially once Del has retired and we start travelling the world! Hi-fi shows will be the last thing on my/our minds. Music, however, will always remain a passion of mine (and Del's), so more gigs/concerts, less hi-fi shows (but plenty of La Dolce Vita), until we're in our zimmers

Marco.
    Main System

Anyway, chaps, more pics tomorrow. Time now for some choons, a visit to the lav, to slip out a wee jobby I can feel 'pressing', then bo-bos

Marco.
    Main System

I'm kev.

Lol..... I've already reduced my attendance at shows to once, annually, at Cranage, which is simply because it's convenient, as it's less than 50 minutes drive from home. It's also a good show.

My reduction in going to shows is simply because I'm not as into hi-fi as I once was (hence why I don't talk about it as much now), so often find these events somewhat sad and depressing [this one wasn't, though], and because I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.

And given the maintenance of good health, that's only liable to increase, especially once Del has retired and we start travelling the world! Hi-fi shows will be the last thing on my/our minds. Music, however, will always remain a passion of mine (and Del's), so more gigs/concerts, less hi-fi shows (but plenty of La Dolce Vita), until we're in our zimmers

Marco.
    Same for me just visit the odd show now.
    Pretty much agree with this post,I spent to much of my early life focusing on career and chasing materialistic stuff be it cars bikes Hifi houses etc.Finding out a young child has Cancer certainly focuses one on what really matters these days.
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Steve.

Nae worries, someone had to take the mantle from you of chief pictchoorizer, up in this neck of the woods. Can't match the quality of yours, though.

I think some of the pics have come out ok, considering that I was only using a cheap digital camera, and mostly didn't have much time to take them (just quickly pointing and shooting, as it were), especially when rooms were full of folk (yes) and I was standing up in front of them all to get a clear shot of what I was photographing - hence why there are none of baldy, pee-stained pensioners, sat with their carrier bags and pained expressions!

Marco.
    That's me you're talking about.

Apart from the carrier bag. Mrs P confiscated it after I left it (with Leonard Cohen album inside) leaning on a bench outside. Luckily some honest soul found it and left it in reception (thankyou stranger).

As for the pee-stained pants, I couldn't help it. i always get over-excited when I meet a celebrity (same thing happened when I saw the woman who played Mavis Riley in Coronation Street at Glasgow Central station). Alan was very cool about it, and offered to lend me some pants (he had a spare pair in his car). I declined though, I do have standards you know.

Although if I ever find myself in a paramotor and want to be as visible as possible to passing fighter planes, I suppose they would work better than a 20 foot bright orange wing.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Lol - what are you like!

Anyway, due to time constraints I'm going to lob up the remainder of the pics I took, to make sure it gets done, and add in some comments later, so here goes...

Check back for comments later!

Marco.

P.S Where has Mark YNWaN disappeared to? He was so excited about going to the show, and now more than 24 hours later, not a peep! Come on, Mark, tells us your thoughts on the show!
    Main System

I'm Phil.

I quite liked these single-driver speakers, which seemed to work well in the partnering system, playing music through Tidal:

Marco.
    lovely to see the pics , i was extremely sad to have to let my frugalhorns go as owner wanted them back !!!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast