+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: It’s time for North West Audio Show 2018

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Stains are extra, and priced accordingly, depending on scent and texture. Some of the more exotic pongs can be pricey.

Marco.
    Bargain whatever the price.

I had to travel all the way to Hamburg, and spent a week with my head in wheely bins in the Reeperbahn, to get anywhere near the same aroma.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Micky.

http://hifipig.com/wp-content/upload...6/IMG_2024.jpg

Ere is a picture of Alan’s Nifty trousers (fire bottle)
    Taken from Hifi pigs show report

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm not sure if it even comes with a stylus guard or matching fixings for the tapped holes. The reviewer makes a lot of fuss about the packaging, but ignores more important matters.

The spec is incomplete: no mention of the velocity at which the output is quoted; no mention of the frequency at which the compliance is quoted, and no mention of the effective tip mass of the stylus.

Maybe the designer tried a variety of colour finishes and found 'cerise' sounded the best?
    Lol - it's a crazy/mad price for a cartridge, no doubt, but trust me, it definitely delivered the musical goods, unlike the 'all hi-fi and no music' forensic-meisters one normally finds today, with super high-end MC cartridges!

I don't think I've ever heard anything better. Bloody fugly looking thing though, although obviously very well 'screwed together'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    http://hifipig.com/wp-content/upload...6/IMG_2024.jpg

Ere is a picture of Alan’s Nifty trousers (fire bottle)
    Taken from Hifi pigs show report
    Lol, they are shocking.

I'm Steve.

Everyone there was pretending not to notice, but the young lady couldn't get away quick enough
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Everyone there was pretending not to notice, but the young lady couldn't get away quick enough

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Who cares, really. At the end of the day if he was comfortable in them, had the confidence to wear them. You lot are like old women gossiping over nothing.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Who cares, really. At the end of the day if he was comfortable in them, had the confidence to wear them. You lot are like old women gossiping over nothing.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    It's only a bit of banter and knowing Alan, he would enjoy getting a rise out of us "gossiping old women" (ageist BTW) discussing his strides.

I realise being a the supreme Dalek every day must be hard, especially as most places have stairs you can't negotiate, but lighten up!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It's only a bit of banter and knowing Alan, he would enjoy getting a rise out of us "gossiping old women" (ageist BTW) discussing his strides.

I realise being a the supreme Dalek every day must be hard, especially as most places have stairs you can't negotiate, but lighten up!

Stairs, anti gravity drive underneath solved that issue long ago

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast