+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time for North West Audio Show 2018

I'm David.

I was due to go tomorrow - and probably will - but stopped by this afternoon on my way back home from doing some other things. I spent a few minutes in several of the rooms. Two that stood out for me in terms of the quality of the sound were the Brigadiers 'One Audio Mu.2' speakers in the Leema Acoustics room, and the Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers (on my 'possible' list). There seemed to be a nice & friendly atmosphere. Any particular recommendations for other rooms worth checking out?

I'm Grant.

Lampi room
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Dammit I missed the Dutch & Dutch and I really wanted a listen to them. Oh well, I can't afford them anyway.

Best room I went in was the Lampizator. Big, clean open sound with proper bass, just how I like it. The only room using cable lifters and other nonsense that actually had a good sound.

Kralk Audio - fantastic speakers for £1300 quid, really impressive. As was the room with Luxman and PMC speakers - the proper professional three-way PMC with the mid range dome.

Nick (Longdog Audio) had a good sound going on with his amps and a Technics SL1210 into some sort of BBC LS3 variant. A couple of other rooms were also using Longdog amps and were getting a decent sound too. I think he is slowly taking over.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

I will be in the bar at 12:30, see you all there.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Kralk Audio - fantastic speakers for £1300 quid, really impressive.

These must be the TDB12's that you are referring to. I'm really interested in the Kralk speakers, though not this particular model, far too big for my listening room. Do they have the smaller TDB6 or 8's on show too would you know?
    I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Sandro.

Just got back from there
    Must not miss this one

http://www.pureaudioproject.com/

Quintet 10 Best speaker in show for money IMO

I was going around whit my copy of La Folia Gregorio Paniagua which had a few mixed reviews
    Paul Thomas Nice bloke to speak to after all ("cut my wrist listening to that") but it was the best TT and carthridge in show IMO in the Markaudio/Sota room well worth stopping there

No need to say I spent same dosh
    WP_20180623_17_58_36_Pro.jpgWP_20180623_18_09_52_Pro.jpg

Got an Ultrasonic Record cleaning machine and a Mofi Salty Dog (£40 for a MOFI …)

There was load to listen 2 or to look at ( I did not stop in many of the room whit Stcreamers and digicrap stuff) I am not going to mention the record stands Valves and cables there is plenty there

Not to be missed
    Well worth taking your time at the SoundKaos room and listen to the Liberation or at the opposite extreme (how do they do that ???) Kralk Audio whit the TDB-12 for £1200
    Rothwell Audio In the Dough Brady room and the Luxman Phono stage as well
    Audio Note OTO in the Audiocounsel room
    Unison Research line up
    The little Ophidian speakers

IMO if there was one thing that I did not Like

Any room whit PMC speakers

OFF topic

Almost forgot WP_20180623_18_12_48_Pro.jpggot this to remind me of home chasingthedragon.co.uk VALDC001 It is still sealed and will not listen to it till I got same quality time

There are quite a few prints out the four season...

BUT there is one only that Vivaldi would have really liked and must not be missed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4RAyVLEEtw

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    These must be the TDB12's that you are referring to. I'm really interested in the Kralk speakers, though not this particular model, far too big for my listening room. Do they have the smaller TDB6 or 8's on show too would you know?
    They had several smaller models there, not sure if they intended to demo them. The room was not large and the TDB12 didn't have any issues with bass boom.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sandro.

I did Listen to the TDB12 there yes room was not large Agree to that as far as shows goes it was beterer than many and sound was pretty good
    I think most of the line up was there including same "reference models" and one called Candy that are not on the brochure I have
    If any one get there tomorrow please report back

One question remain if you look at the price list and ear them : HOW DO THEY DO THAT ?

Give it a couple of years and they will double in price if not more

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They had several smaller models there, not sure if they intended to demo them. The room was not large and the TDB12 didn't have any issues with bass boom.
    Cheers. I'm going down myself tomorrow so I will certainly check them out.
    I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    One question remain if you look at the price list and ear them : HOW DO THEY DO THAT ?
    I recognise some of the drive units. They are decent enough, but not expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast