+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile phone...Doh

I'm Dave.

Default Mobile phone...Doh

Being even more of a numpty with a mobile than I am with a computer, I have just swapped over my phone. I had a Microsoft Lumia, which I didn't get on with so feeling bold, when my Wife upgraded her Samsung, I decided to use her old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, as that is easier.

I put the Sim from my Lumia into the Galaxy, expecting the information to be transferred but it wasn't. All the calls logged and contacts my Wife had are still on the Galaxy but we sorted that out and now have an empty phone to work with. Unfortunately, I have fallen at the first hurdle. When I make a call, I get a message saying "not registered on network". What does that mean ?

I'm Geoff.

Is your new phone locked to a specific network different from your old network?

If so, probably easiest to get a new sim and transfer the old number to the new sim.

Geoff

I'm Dave.

I have no idea. My only knowledge is how to turn it on and make a call. Anything else is beyond me.

I thought that all was needed is to swap my Sim into the other phone and that would be job done. The Galakx was on EE and my phone + Sim are via Tesco.

I'm Grant.

could get it unlocked(the phone) but it will cost most likely, or as said move to same sim company your wife used
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    could get it unlocked(the phone) but it will cost most likely, or as said move to same sim company your wife used
    Exactly, you cannot simply swap sims that are locked to a network and use them in another phone locked to a different network. Assuming you want to keep your EE number buy a Tesco Sim and then transfer the number to the new sim.

Yes, you may be able to get the phone unlocked, but that may be a problem given your technical knowledge re cell phones.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Or buy a cheap unlocked phone. Plenty to choose from.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

You could take the phone to a shop to be unlocked. Cost about 20 quid though.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dave.

Thanks all.

I want to use Tesco because it's the cheapest I have found, just £7.50/month and as I have the phone just for an 'emergency', I don't want to pay more. So, it looks like I need to go a large Tesco and get the Galaxy phone unlocked or see if they will change the phone I find is a struggle. I have had the contract for 3 - 4 years, so they might do an upgrade.

I'm Shane.

Best bang for the buck mobile, is the Nokia 100. Simple phone, that does not suffer fools gladly

S.

I'm Dave.

I have a couple of unused old style Nokia phones, ie not smart phones. I'm guessing these also won't work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast