+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sme 3009 tonearm too much mass for Thorens td150?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The M55E is a pretty decent match to the SME, assuming of course that it's on an original stylus or one of original compliance.
    It's a perfect match, as is the V15 III. SME would often advertise their arm, showing it fitted with an M55E cartridge. One of the reasons why I quickly ditched the M3D for the M55E.
    Barry

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by amati74(Artur) View Post
    What cartridge will be suitable?
    . Shure M97xE or Ortofon M2-Blue or Audio Technica VM530EN
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon75 View Post
    That's what I like to hear! Was kind of studios did you work in? I've got it paired with a shure m55e and its sounding good.
    I managed three recording studios each with 48 channel desks, 24 track 2 inch Studer A80 RR recorders, Studer A807 1/2 inch 4 track and 1/4 inch 2 track machines and a record pressing plant and musicassette factory.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123