+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammonite modular armboard and collar - first looks

I'm Stephen.

Default Ammonite modular armboard and collar - first looks

Just wanted to share photos of my new armboard and collar. Beautifully designed and engineered. Absolute doddle to install. I think it really lifts the look of the deck.
    Just waiting for the new arm (Jelco TK-850S) to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Mick.

Looks very slick and sets the turntable off. What arm you going for Stephen ?
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Looks very slick and sets the turntable off. What arm you going for Stephen ?
    Thank you.

The new Jelco TK-850S. I sent it off to J7 at Audio Origami for an ikeda silver rewire - should be with me early next week.
    Always a little further

I'm Z.

This looks very neat
    Is the armboard the CNC machined one ?
    Cheers...

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Thank you.

The new Jelco TK-850S. I sent it off to J7 at Audio Origami for an ikeda silver rewire - should be with me early next week.
    Stephen did you get your Tonearm sorted and all set up ? I am using the same armboard and its nicely made and compliments the 1210
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Hugo.

Nice to know that users of my modular CNC machined Technics armboards are pleased with them! It's worth pointing out that most arms up to around 9.5" can be accommodated in my Technics armboard and I can get blank centre plates drilled/cut to order.

I'm Mick.

Hugo
    I have used a few armboards on my Technics turntables. Whilst most do the job ok, with your design it just looks as if it's supposed to be there and not an after thought.

I'm Hugo.

Thanks - that was the intention and keeping the little square 'step' detail to the outer edge was one of the design aims, together with concealed fixings. There are smart Technics armboards available (Speedy Steve's ebony ones come to mind) but some are really ugly brutish things, and I wanted to produce something smart and almost beautiful. There's some very precise machining in the outer ring of my armboard design, necessary to achieve a nice 'scalloped' profile.

Here's a close-up shot of my FR-64S tonearm fitted to an Ammonite Audio armboard with a blank centre plate cut specially for this arm, just to show that it is not just for Jelco and SME arms. This is one of the pre-production boards and that's why there is some visible 'banding' to the top surface and a small machining mark at the end of the 'scallop' that the final production boards don't have.

Special offers are available to AoS members!

I'm Stephen.

Default Ammonite modular armboard and collar - first looks

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Stephen did you get your Tonearm sorted and all set up ? I am using the same armboard and its nicely made and compliments the 1210
    I did Mick and am very pleased with sonics and aesthetics. Currently have a Decca SuperGold in a Cocobolo wood pod and Yamamoto HS-4 carbon 'shell.

Always a little further

I'm Mick.

Looking very nice sir

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast