+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horning SATI 520B Integrated Amplifier

I'm Peter.

Default Horning SATI 520B Integrated Amplifier

This is a Horning SATI 520 Integrated Amplifier. There are two chassis with a total weight of about 64k, each chassis is H 23cm, W 35cm, D 42cm. One chassis is the power supply and the other is the control, with a captive chord with a multi pin plug. It has a reported 18w power output.

Tommy Horning has been promising to release a new power amplifier over the last three years but as yet nothing is forthcomming. This amplifier is an early 520 with two toggle switches on the rear that activate a pair of motorised balance controls. Very unusual.

I purchased it from Germany and sent it to Audio Lincs, the then importer of Horning, to have it changed from 220v to 240v. This was done by Tom at Art Audio who serviced Audio Lincs kit. I also,at Tom's suggestion , had the caps replaced, a new motorised volume control and the bias resistors replaced to enable me to use the EL 300b XLS as well as the EL 520b V2.

The tubes used are a pair of EL 520b V2, a pair of Electro harmonix 5U4G and a pair of Electtro harmonx 6SN7

This is an imposing two chassis amplifier with the benefit of a remote control for the volume. It is in excellent condition with no dents or discolouration; just a few cleaning swirls on the polished surface. It goes without saying that if you have a set of Horning speakers then these are an ideal match.

Whilst I do have the original cardboard cartons, i would be reluctant to ship therefore it is a UK sale.The buyer can arrange for his own courier or collect personally. I would be happy to demonstrate to any prospective purchaser and have included a picture of the system that i used it in. I can send more pictures if requested

I am looking for £3,500
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Perart1; 17-03-2018 at 10:54. Reason: added pic of power supply

I'm Geoff.

Where's the price Peter?

I'm Grant.

we need a price peter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Very true...I got so excited that I forgot. Should be there

Peter

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Perart1 View Post
    Very true...I got so excited that I forgot. Should be there

Peter
    thanks.. could you add a pic of power supply too.. so folk can see it as well.

blow up of the amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Actually if you look at the last picture you can see the control chassis on its dedicated stand and the power supply on the left in the rack. I take your point and will get a pic on the ad.

Regards

Peter

I'm gordan.

nice verdier deck there, methinks. my favourite vinyl playing machine of modern era.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Peter.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    nice verdier deck there, methinks. my favourite vinyl playing machine of modern era.
    Hi Gordon

Yes well......been around for a few years now so must be approaching vintage. Can be improved with a battery power supply, motor and defeating the suspension.

I'm gordan.

Well, can be. If it is worth, that's whole another topic.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Peter.

Special Easter price £3150 Better than an easter egg!

Peter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast