+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just under five foot six. My nominal weight should be ten and a half stone, so I'm a few pounds over at the moment. I'm actually broad framed.

Was around eleven stone years ago when I was working out and doing martial arts, but I packed a lot more muscle then .
    Ah, that explains it (as does the rest)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Up til I got ill my weight was 13 7 steady and I'm broad. 50 inch chest. A little more now tho. Ner
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

My particular diet is called the 'curry' diet, home made of course. I am 5'9" and weigh around 14 stone and have severe osteoarthritis in my left knee which sort of counts out walking, lifting and standing. My left leg is also two inches shorter than my right due to being completely stupid when riding motorbikes at the age of 18. I so need to lose weight for myself. I have a cunning plan for summer.

I'm Mark.

One of Sinatra's wives said he was ten and a half stone - half a stone Frank and ten stone d*ck.... Something like that anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Up til I got ill my weight was 13 7 steady and I'm broad. 50 inch chest. A little more now tho. Ner
    Yesh, and there's that swinging 'trunk' of yours to consider

I'm 15 now (44" chest, 36" waist, at 6ft 2ins), but would like to get down to 14 stone, and maintain it, which is achievable with my current exercise regime

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The only time I ever put weight on is when I go to America. Except for that time when I ate Kentucky for lunch every day for two weeks. Put on half a stone, couldn't believe it.
    Lol!

Why the hell did you eat that cack everyday, though? It's notoriously bad for you. In a country like that, there must've been plenty of other choices of food! Where in the States were you?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Paul.

I’m 6”2’ and around 13 ish stone. Not sure what my chest is but my waist is 32”. Before when I ate bread I was 34” waist and probably around 14 stone. A couple of years ago I started Karate and made an effort to get fit by doing interval workouts. Starting such a thing at 40 may seem like a bad idea but it has been one of the best things I have done. All through my 30s I had back problems and although I still have issues they are much less reduced and my mobility is much higher. I no longer walk bent over for a few minutes when I get out of my car after a long car journey.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol!

Why the hell did you eat that cack everyday, though? It's notoriously bad for you. In a country like that, there must've been plenty of other choices of food! Where in the States were you?

Marco.
    Nah, Burgers, steak and lobster in America. And a short stack of pancakes for breakfast. The Kentucky thing was in this country. I started a new job, in Burslem, which is the town that time forgot. They still had early closing day on a Thursday in 2006!. And the only place to eat was KFC. My mother called me to ask how the new job was going, wanted to know what I was doing for lunch. I told her and she made me promise to stop.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm 63 - 65Kg (around 10 stone) and my height is 1.7m (5'7"), so my body mass index is more or less spot on; in the middle of the acceptable range

When I was younger I drank a lot of beer and I was easily 70Kg (11 stone). When I worked out how much I was spending on beer, I decided to cut it down. My reduction in weight was a fortuitous consequence of my reduction in expenditure!

These days, having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes, I'm very diet conscious. So as little sugar as possible, low salt, decreasing the amount of red meat, plenty of fish, plenty of fresh vegetables, and a lot of starchy, slow energy release carbohydrates: pasta, rice, bread and potatoes. It works for me, as my blood sugar level is the same as that of a non-diabetic.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I’m 6”2’ and around 13 ish stone. Not sure what my chest is but my waist is 32”. Before when I ate bread I was 34” waist and probably around 14 stone. A couple of years ago I started Karate and made an effort to get fit by doing interval workouts. Starting such a thing at 40 may seem like a bad idea but it has been one of the best things I have done. All through my 30s I had back problems and although I still have issues they are much less reduced and my mobility is much higher. I no longer walk bent over for a few minutes when I get out of my car after a long car journey.
    Good stuff, Paul!

One of the WORST things you can do for a bad back is to continually sit on your arse...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast