+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HiFi Dealer 'Predators'

I'm Jason.

Default HiFi Dealer 'Predators'

Hi there sorry for the rant but it needs saying!

Sometimes, times are hard, then you get vultures who prey on the desperate selling the nice gear worth a hole lot more than these Vultures offer you. You get given the soft story I have to make profit !!!! Please check what you sold these ripoff artist's gear to, and then what they sell the said hifi gear for !!!
    we have all been there !!! something comes up you have always wanted so you decide to sell your gear to put funds towards the kit you want to buy and with dead lines etc you need to sell fast thats where the dealer come in and take total advantage of us all !! I am sick and tired of these con artist ripping us all off !!!!! just to see your old hi fi gear twice the price you sold it to them for !!!!! angry aint the word ! but it needs saying!

Thanks and just a word of warning !!
    Last edited by walpurgis; 16-03-2018 at 21:59.

I'm Rohan.

It isn't a nice feeling I'm sure, but take heart in the fact that, without naming any names, lots of flipped stuff doesn't sell at the overly optimistic (sometimes greedy) new prices...

I'm Jason.

I agree but when you have the P£££ss taken as usual. its been the same with these guys for years !! Lets be Honest and I reckon there is a few people on here who have bought the Bull$$t and been ripped off

I'm Geoff.

It's like used cars. Unless doing a P/X, you will generally be offered somewhere between a third and a half of what the trader feels they can sell for.

That's just business I'm afraid. If there was no mark-up, there'd be no dealers and even dealers have their place.

I'm Jason.

I agree with the above, I really do business has a cost etc.. but then there is the advantage taker the one that really takes the ???? I cant say that here but its true.
    PFM have just deleted my moan on there !! just shows the usual bias

I'm Shane.

Good thread, Jason. Whistle blow these shits! They deserve it.

S.

I'm Geoff.

I've changed your title by the way. It's not good to aim such accusations at a named dealer, whether you think it justified or not.

I'm jamie.

i think its a case or sour grapes,of course they are going to sell it for a bigger sum than they paid for it,they have overheads and need to make a living from selling on over peoples stuff,thats just the way it works.
    did they hold a gun to your head to sell to them?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've changed your title by the way. It's not good to aim such accusations at a named dealer, whether you think it justified or not.

Pointless putting a veil over the title

S.

I'm Slav.

I don't get what's the problem , if you aren't happy with the offered price don't sell it ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast