S.
    It's a question of liabilty Shane.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's a question of liabilty Shane.

Don't expect me to agree.

S.

I'm Jason.

All I want to do is warn others new to the game dealing with this company is not advisable .....

I'm Lawrence.

So let me get this right, a dealer has bought something off you and listed it at twice the price? What do you think they should ask for it?

I'm jamie.

i have to ask,if your a member of 2 forums why didnt you offer your item for sale on them first?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    I don't get what's the problem , if you aren't happy with the offered price don't sell it ,
    I kind of agree with that Slav
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Jason. Do not name the dealer.

If it happens again, I'll suspend you.

Thread moved to Blank Canvas. It does not belong in Private Exhibitions.

I'm Nial.

Hmmm....dealers are actually in it for the money. They will try and sell for the maximum, furthermore they will try and buy for the minimum. They have overheads, and buyers and sellers are acquired through advertising, which is another cost. If they don't cover their costs, and their overheads, they won't be there next time you look.

If they lied to you or mislead you to try and drive the price down, I think you have a legitimate beef.

If they said this is what we can offer, then that's fair enough. If you didn't think, at that point that they are going to make a profit on this price, then you must be an extraordinarily trusting soul.
    If they paid what you were asking, what is the problem? That you exercised due diligence in researching the price of your item only after you had sold it?

I'm Ian.

I say this with genuine respect.....the word 'desperate' is used in the initial post, which to me indicates vulnerability towards the trade in/selling angle of proceedings. If anyone is desperate to own a bit of kit (any material thing), then logical thinking is out the window and perspective can become out of context. It's never been easier to research used value and sell an item on forums/ebay/selling sites, and this puts you in a comfortable position when buying (from any source).

Being desperate to own any luxury item is not a healthy position to be in. I feel a little unkind saying this but believe it to be true.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by ff1d1l View Post
    Hmmm....dealers are actually in it for the money. They will try and sell for the maximum, furthermore they will try and buy for the minimum. They have overheads, and buyers and sellers are acquired through advertising, which is another cost. If they don't cover their costs, and their overheads, they won't be there next time you look.

If they lied to you or mislead you to try and drive the price down, I think you have a legitimate beef.

If they said this is what we can offer, then that's fair enough. If you didn't think, at that point that they are going to make a profit on this price, then you must be an extraordinarily trusting soul.
    If they paid what you were asking, what is the problem? That you exercised due diligence in researching the price of your item only after you had sold it?
    This is it in a nutshell. if you are desperate to sell you are probably going to have to take less for it. The dealer is not desperate to sell so he can afford to ask a high price, at least initially. He may also be asking a higher price to give him room to make a deal. If I was buying second hand from a dealer I'm not going to pay the sticker price, I'm going to try to negotiate it down. Not everyone does this but I suspect most do and the dealer has to take that into account.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast