+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member

I'm Dave.

Default New member

Hi, just joined, and Im required to introduce mysef with some background, so here goes.
    I caught the bug early 1980s when I heard a B&O turntable through a Quad integrated amp.
    Ended up with a Logic / NAD 3020 combo into home manufactured KEF driver speakers.
    Progressed to Roksan Xerses, SME IV and Koetsu black, which got packed away as the sways and turns of life took over.
    Ive always followed audiophile trends usually through The Absolute Sound, and was intrigued when it appeared as though the turntable was again casting its spell as a primary source. A few years on and Im busy setting it all up again, Roksan is still honouring Xerses owners with upgrades, thats good.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dave.

Intrigued by the 1980s Quad integrated amp. I didn't know they had made one.

Good to hear you are going to resurrect your Roksan/SME/Koetsu combination - it's too good to ignore, and not use it to play your records.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

When did the quad 77 come out? May have been a predecessor of it.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dave. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting that you went from a Logic turntable to a Xerxes. They may sound different, but I'd be hard put to say which is better.

What do expect your final system line up to be?

Please join in the chat, everybody is friendly and there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Dave.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. just to start with the Quad, it was over forty years ago, now that I think back, it probably was seperates, the preamp with light grey and orange.
    the logic was for a short while a viable option to the Sondek at a similar price. The fact that the Xerses is still sevicable with replacement parts and upgrades is a credit to Roksan. There is such a huge selection of turntables now, but Im sure that the Xerses will still be as good as most in its price range.xerses.jpgIMG_2451e.jpg

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Perfect Day View Post
    Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. just to start with the Quad, it was over forty years ago, now that I think back, it probably was seperates, the preamp with light grey and orange.
    the logic was for a short while a viable option to the Sondek at a similar price. The fact that the Xerses is still sevicable with replacement parts and upgrades is a credit to Roksan. There is such a huge selection of turntables now, but Im sure that the Xerses will still be as good as most in its price range.xerses.jpgIMG_2451e.jpg
    Ah - that would be the Quad 33/303 combination.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread