+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: wam show 2018

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    I have a Tron convergence stage (albeit one that has had a tweaking by FB) and recently had it up against a Paradise stage owned by BKsabbath of this parish. I don't know much about his paradise stage but he seemed very impressed with the Tron. There's a thread covering it in the bake off section.
    Your Tron is a completely different animal and shouldn't be confused with the standard unit.

The "out of the box" Convergence would be left licking it's wounds against your Modded Tron.

Its build quality is stunning but I feel that's where most of the budget went.

I had it here in standard guise for weeks and just couldn't get on with it.

Your Convergence on the other hand, would have still been here if I had the cash at the time.

All personal opinion of course.

Edit - Mods are not supported by GT and will void your warranty. You'll also be on Santa's naughty list for having it modded.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 23-03-2018 at 13:01. Reason: Rule Breaking reference removed

I'm Deleted.

I think it's worth adding that the modifications made by Allan to his Convergence are not supported by Graham Tricker (the actual designer).
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I think it's worth adding that the modifications made by Allan to his Convergence are not supported by Graham Tricker (the actual designer).
    Yes, agreed. Original post edited.

I'm Steve.

Was it a wam show or a Phono bake off?
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 23-03-2018 at 13:03. Reason: Damned predictive text.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Was it a warm show or a Phono bake off?

Good question!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Was it a wam show or a Phono bake off?
    Sorry, bit of thread drift. The modded Convergence was at a Bakeoff at MCRU.

I'm Micky.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Mark, did you make that plinth for Mick?

I sold him my Garrard 301 about a year ago, and he said then that he hoped to get you to make a plinth for him.

If so, its great to see it again, and looking so great. What a blingy arm. What is it?

Mick, if you read this.... great job. I hope it sounds as good as it looks, and gives you what you hope for.
    It does sound good Brian especially coupled up with the Paradise Phono stage etc .we had lots of nice words about the deck and setup on the day ..I’m well pleased !
    Mark’s plinth is a work of art ...No you can’t buy it back lol!

I'm Spartacus.

Hi Micky, was there a difference between the XTC and Moerch counterweights?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Micky.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Hi Micky, was there a difference between the XTC and Moerch counterweights?
    No ! not in performance wise ,only in looks ..the XTC weight was designed to be easier to set up and control as I found the weights on the Moerch were prone to slip and were fiddled to set up ( for me). Mark ( divedeepdog) did the research and found the guy (John) who makes weights for Roksan arms etc .He sells them on eBay,I rung John after Mark had emailed him to enquiry whether he could make a weight for the Moerch.After some research etc that's what he came up with.I think that it's a pretty good job and so user friendly.
    I have has phone no .if you wish to make some enquiries...

I'm Spartacus.

Thanks. I've been in touch with Mark on Wam and John on eBay after I saw the photo. Just thought I'd check with your experiences.
    Cheers, Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast