+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: wam show 2018

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Going on what pics have been posted on the wam so far, whoever didn't make it didn't miss much.
    A little early to be making that sort of comment, and somewhat whiffs like you are pleased about it. I would have loved to have been able to make it and know of a few systems that were almost worth the ticket price on their own.

To User211, all the good kit was owned by the AA crowd? Really? Not one system worthy enough for you to listen to from the many exhibitors? Blimey.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    A little early to be making that sort of comment, and somewhat whiffs like you are pleased about it. I would have loved to have been able to make it and know of a few systems that were almost worth the ticket price on their own.

To User211, all the good kit was owned by the AA crowd? Really? Not one system worthy enough for you to listen to from the many exhibitors? Blimey.
    Did I say that?

I still stand by my statement, though, when I looked at the spreadsheet a few weeks back. Not saying there wouldn't be some good systems, but generally the fact they aren't there is a loss for the event. Sad, but true.

I'm Kim.

Not long got back and it was my first WAM show, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I really enjoyed it.

It did seem quiet, so I think the weather had an impact and unfortunately I think a couple of rooms were not running becuase the people couldn't get in.

Highlights for me:
    The Audio Note system
    NonSmokingMan: had a Thorens with a Wilson Benesch arm and mono Deca London Gold and Jantzen speakers - really impressed
    SCIDB: Avid Acutus, SME V, Audio Innovations phono, Marantz PM4, Snell J/II - very musical set up
    Fourlegs: Chord - Pass Labs - modified Dali 104s

but I spent over 4 hours there and could easily have visitied more.

I'm John.

I went and I enjoyed it. The venue is more accessible than Scalford but not as big and doesn't have as much character. The rooms were over three floors which made them easier to find but the gear on show maybe wasn't as extravagant as when I last went. Heard a couple of amazing systems though and learned a few things.

Spent a fortune with MCRU as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Did I say that?

I still stand by my statement, though, when I looked at the spreadsheet a few weeks back. Not saying there wouldn't be some good systems, but generally the fact they aren't there is a loss for the event. Sad, but true.
    Who are the AA crowd?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Who are the AA crowd?

The Wigwam forum schismed when the current owner came along, and a whole bunch of "interesting" folk set up their own forum, initials AA.

-- actually, it's a bit more complicated that that, but you get the idea.

I'm Neil.

Please keep the thread on topic, re the WAM show, not WAM forum past dramas.
    Regards Neil

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Yes the weather has put paid to me travelling up too, very disappointing. I made a similar journey during the first wave of the Beast from the East, got stuck in Rochdale, travelling 200 yards in 9 hours, unable to make my destination so decided to turn back to home, only to find part of the M40 closed, the A34 closed & the A31 closed, so I wasn't able to get anywhere near home. In the end I had to drive away from home towards London, & then Brighton, as the roads there were better, & managed to get in touch with a friendly 'Wammer near Brighton who put me up until I could get home. I got to his at 4.30am on Friday after leaving home at 8am Thursday, without getting anywhere near my destination of Sheffield. A small, light rear wheel drive two seater convertible isn't the best vehicle to spend a lot of time in or to try & tackle treacherous conditions, I have found!

The forecast for today is that bad weather will set in again later here, & coupled with freezing conditions I had the real prospect of not being able to get home again later, so this time I chose discretion over valour.
    i was gutted to miss it , been to every one since it started . snow was bad here and my car is not good in snow sadly
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    All the good kit was owned by the AA crew in the past - note their absence.
    some of the AA were planning to go even if not exhibiting . there is a lively positive thread on audioabbattoir about kegworth

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by yolakim View Post
    Not long got back and it was my first WAM show, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I really enjoyed it.

It did seem quiet, so I think the weather had an impact and unfortunately I think a couple of rooms were not running becuase the people couldn't get in.

Highlights for me:
    The Audio Note system
    NonSmokingMan: had a Thorens with a Wilson Benesch arm and mono Deca London Gold and Jantzen speakers - really impressed
    SCIDB: Avid Acutus, SME V, Audio Innovations phono, Marantz PM4, Snell J/II - very musical set up
    Fourlegs: Chord - Pass Labs - modified Dali 104s

but I spent over 4 hours there and could easily have visitied more.
    glad you could enjoy those jantzens, i adore them and enjoyed them at a bakeoff recently

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast