+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: wam show 2018

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That is bold. But I do quite like that tune.
    Were you holding out for a hero though?
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Tell that to an accountant
    Well your not paying so why do you care?

No more comments about this now, Neil already said that earlier. Pete got it right with what he said. People make an effort it should be applauded not criticised,
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

^^^ Brilliant show report, Pete (the Cat).
    Wish I could have made it there, it sounds like the show retains its excellent vibe, but sadly I'm still snowed in.

Dean SCIDB is always tops for music choices and presentation, and his system is always one of the best at the show for sheer enjoyability!
    Wish I could have heard those Jantzen speakers, sounds intriguing.
    And a +1 from me for Bonnie Tyler. Corny, yeah. But grin-inducingly, toe-tappingly good. Pop music at its best.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Pete got it right with what he said. People make an effort it should be applauded not criticised,
    Hear hear. We were there for the weekend, attending the Lenco Heaven bake off on the Saturday. It was a shame that the attendance was low but I thought it a good venue.
    My best moments were getting to hear a Paradise phono stage (plus very mini bake off) and Yamaha NS1000 speakers. The yams were very electrostatic in presentation, right up my street.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Spider’s room 6 edged it IMHO with the Club-27 Kurt speakers which were a new phenomenon to me. Their voice particularly nailed guitar (Billy Gibbons), bass (Bruce Foxton) and vocals (Joe Cocker), which after all is three quarters of what rock is about. Maybe I just like that kind of colour and they suit my musical taste. When I initially saw them I wondered whether the room acoustics would complain, however those were successfully tamed. The triple deck attack of Inspire LP12/Acoustic Signature Challenger/401 was hard to choose between. All I can say is that this chap's home must be a fun place.

I really liked those Club-27 speakers as well. I advised moving them a bit closer to the corners and that gave a little extra weight

If you look closely in the middle of the picture you will see a Firebottle Vivant phono stage that Spider borrowed for most of the day.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Apparently 300 paying customers, that is very poor.
    You quoted me , that was the lunch time count (early report), there were many more .

I'm Barry.

Photo for Audio Al , there are many more here : https://flic.kr/s/aHskxXkxH5

I'm Phil.

yes , i guess thats why its good the show has some financial backing. if this was just amateurs running as in the beginning it could be very painful indeed
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Adam.

Well, Mrs. B and i made it up and back without incident. We had a lovely night at the hotel we stayed at and thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the show. It was great to finally hear some rooms other than my own!

We heard some great sounds but a few rooms deserve an honourable mention:

- ff1d1l - those Ureis were fantastic and top man for allowing me to subject some poor innocents to Infected Mushroom!

- The Flash with his room full of Pioneer goodness. Obviously high end 'Japcrap' is never anything less than wonderful but I'd never heard the Prologue speakers before and was very impressed.

- Daniel Ring's room full of Sony loveliness - and a B&O turntable as well! There should be more B&O at these events - I keep saying this but no-one listens...

- Sony Guy's room full of more Sony goodness. Some lovely equipement and the smell of vintage electronics in here was just sublime!

But the coveted Beobloke "best in show" award has to go to...........................Hondola!

2 Philips CD104s, an impossibly small Aurex preamp and those magnificent Philips MFB speakers were the sound of the show for me. Even Mrs. B was really impressed by them, which I feel sure means I have an automatically approved purchase order to buy some...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    and those magnificent Philips MFB speakers were the sound of the show for me. Even Mrs. B was really impressed by them, which I feel sure means I have an automatically approved purchase order to buy some...
    Oh dear, I guess I really need to find a way to ship my 22AH587 from Ukraine to Ireland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast