+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New raspberry pi3 b+

I'm Barry.

It's difficult to choose between moode and volumio, I have used both over the last couple of months, I am currently running moode 4.0. I love the main Ui and options available in moode but much prefer the library setup in volumio. I think a combination of the two would suit me.

I'm Luke.

Moode has been great for me, but I was upset to see that it had moved to some kind of complicated self-build update process that requires computing nous above my meagre abilities! Is this still the case?

Happy with the version I'm using, but it is tempting to give Volumio a try to satisfy the upgraditis

I'm Geoff.

Volumio has the edge over Moode for me.

Geoff

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Moode has been great for me, but I was upset to see that it had moved to some kind of complicated self-build update process that requires computing nous above my meagre abilities! Is this still the case?
    I believe so

I'm Clive.

I believe the Moode install is complex due to some software it uses now and that the issue won't go away due to licencing reasons. I can't be bothered to invest the time so I'll stick with Volumio even though I have used previous versions of Moode.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Richard.

I'm also put off now with Moode needing these extra steps to install. I'm on an older version at the moment and am thinking about an upgrade to newer software.

Haven't tried Volumio yet but am keen to know if it's the way to go or should I give runeaudio a try?

I'm inactive.

Also curious about Volumio since the changes to Moode delivery have made it harder to get.

I initially preferred Volumio but found it near impossible to install radio stations and NAS drives - has that improved with the most recent incarnation?

I'm Alastair.

Picoreplayer has just be released with support for the Pi 3b+... here

It's a very good player. I use the onboard LMS with a 512GB SSD attached to it so you don't need a separate NAS or laptop running.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    Picoreplayer has just be released with support for the Pi 3b+... here

It's a very good player. I use the onboard LMS with a 512GB SSD attached to it so you don't need a separate NAS or laptop running.
    Hi Alastair
    Do you mean that you run both Picoreplayer and LMS on one RPi, with the SSD attached directly via USB? That's something I would like to try. I'm a regular Moode user and have no trouble installing that, but I do struggle to understand how Picoreplayer works. I haven't been able to find a shot of what the player UI looks like or even see how to access it.

I'm stuart.

PIcoreplayer screenshots can be seen here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/picore.../home/how-to-1
    If you use it with LMS and an attached display then the UI is exactly the same as the Squeezebox Touch. Alternatively you can use any of the phone/tablet apps that interface with LMS (Orange Squeeze, iPeng etc)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast