+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: BOW WIZARD CD PLAYER please read full description

I'm ROGER.

Default FS: BOW WIZARD CD PLAYER please read full description

For sale my BOW WIZARD cd player in beautiful condition cosmetically with no marks to the casing, all the buttons work perfectly, the display works fine as does the remote control.
    The last few weeks it has developed a fault where it doesn't read discs so had it checked out by the engineer at my local hi fi dealer.
    The problem is with the laser head pick up reader on the philips pro cdm 12/4 transport, these are still readily available for £20, (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Origin...-/272306329790)
    So if you're handy with a soldering iron and have the knowhow to repair this superb CD player (over £3000 new) you could have a yourself a bargain...
    £250 delivered to anywhere in UK.

I'm Lawrence.

The link is a standard cdm12 whereas the Bow looks like a pro version, would the fix involve extracting part of the assembly from the new one and fitting it inside the old one, rather than a complete replacement of the mech?

I'm ROGER.

Yes the laser pickup lens is the part thats required, there are youtube videos (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEW8qvY1Pc) showing how its done (beyond a short sighted clumsy oaf like me), but probably a breeze for someone with the ability and knowhow of electrical repairs on hi fi

I'm Sebastian.

Will you ship to Denmark?

I'm Anton.

I will take it for the asking price.I have got a mate,who can fix it.

I'm ROGER.

Now sold.

+ Reply to Thread