+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How many folk now use streaming and have sold all their other audio equipment?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hmm, interesting question!
    Spotify Premium.
    But all my DACs register it as 96khz 24 bit.
    And a DAC that only goes up to 48khz fails to lock on.
    Your computer isn't passing the stream through unmolested.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Your computer isn't passing the stream through unmolested.
    What do you mean by that?
    The laptop is upsampling?

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    It's using DSP to reprocess what it's outputting.
    Spotify Premium is .ogg at a bitrate of 320kbps.
    If the stream was 24/96000 the bitrate would up in excess of 2000kbps.

It's that, or your DAC might be automatically upsampling it all.
    That's not unheard of.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

was thinking the dac will uprate it to 48khz or sommat like that.. mine did although cant remember what.. either 44 or 48
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

So Spotify Premium is 320 Kbps which is 1/4 of a CD bit rate. And that sounds good?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    So Spotify Premium is 320 Kbps which is 1/4 of a CD bit rate. And that sounds good?
    yup, although it sounds mostly pretty close to cd quality.. certainly good on headphones on most music. i find the hifi level of deezer better, but i found the 320kb deezer worse... so there is something going on with their streams that other companies are not using. it is even better on the web player via chrome(spotify)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Don't play the numbers game.
    It's a bullshit game.
    Chris

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup, although it sounds mostly pretty close to cd quality.. certainly good on headphones on most music. i find the hifi level of deezer better, but i found the 320kb deezer worse... so there is something going on with their streams that other companies are not using. it is even better on the web player via chrome(spotify)
    I do listen to plain vanilla 160kbps Spotify via earbuds and it's good enough to research music although I am not sure I would want to use this as my main source for my system.

I do listen to plain vanilla 160kbps Spotify via earbuds and it's good enough to research music although I am not sure I would want to use this as my main source for my system.
    The 320kbps is noticeably better.
    Still not as good as CD in my opinion, but it's not bad.
    Chris

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Don't play the numbers game.
    It's a bullshit game.
    What do you mean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast