+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Klimo Beorde Turntable Power Supply - Help!

I'm Mauro.

Default Klimo Beorde Turntable Power Supply - Help!

Dear All,
    when I moved from Italy to UK I brought with me my favourite turntable Klimo Beorde.
    It remained in my storage for about one year.
    Now I moved it at my home, but I'm not able to find its external power supply anymore.
    I asked to the Italian distributor and he said that the power supply is available at a price of 500 euros shipment included.
    Honestly, it seems to me a bit too much for a basic power supply (it's just a little box with an on/off switch, the speed change is made moving the belt around the pulley).
    I'm wondering if there is any cheaper solution for powering the motor unit of the turntable.
    The motor input connector is not compliant to any standard known by me. (see pictures attached).
    Can anyone help me, please?
    Cheers.
    Mauro

why is nothing ever simple?

I'm Simon.

Do you know what motor it is?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Robert.

Is there no way you can locate the power supply ? I'd have to find it
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

montesquieu Guest

I would enquire over on the Lenco Heaven forum, there are more people over there who might be in a position to provide solid information about the turntable, its motor, voltages etc. There are plenty of turntable PSUs around (far more than there a types of motor) so the chances are there's something off the shelf that would do, but you more info about what you are looking for. I doubt many here will know this model.

I'm Mauro.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I would enquire over on the Lenco Heaven forum, there are more people over there who might be in a position to provide solid information about the turntable, its motor, voltages etc. There are plenty of turntable PSUs around (far more than there a types of motor) so the chances are there's something off the shelf that would do, but you more info about what you are looking for. I doubt many here will know this model.
    OK
    Many thanks Tom
    why is nothing ever simple?

montesquieu Guest

The other place to ask would be over on Vinyl Engine.

+ Reply to Thread