+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted:- RCL Small speakers

I'm Roy.

Default Wanted:- RCL Small speakers

In the 1980’s, I briefly owned a pair of RCL Small Speakers, which were made in Hampshire. They worked well with my Nytech integrated amp at the time, but I caught the upgrade bug and sold the lot.
    I now have an active Nytech/ARC set up, but I would like to acquire another pair of RCL’s to work passively with my Nytech. I have only found one pair in Italy via hifi shark, so I would be grateful if anyone knows where I might find an available pair?
    Many Thanks
    Roy

I'm Charlie.

Excellent small speaker. I bought a pair for my brother back then. He used them until I bought him a pair of Avantgarde Solos.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Geoff.

Bloody hell! Have you been out in the Tardis?

That equipment is more archeological than vintage! I remember hearing that exact setup (Linn/Nytech/Arc) in the demo room at Graham's Hifi when I was at Uni.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

I was very fond of the Nytech! Not only could you listen to your music on it, but it could help with your maths homework too!

+ Reply to Thread