+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AudioQuest Golden Gate interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I'm currently using Nordost Blue Heaven to connect to my big Maggies. Pretty happy with the sound, so is there room for improvement (for a reasonable budget)?
    No need to change those. They are good!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I'm using AudioQuest Red River from my phono preamp to my preamp. I remember that upgrade also made very impressive improvement, but that made more sense to me (being into the 'upstream components matter way more than downstream components').

I'm using Shunyata for all my power cables. Fabulous product, makes a hell of a difference. Highly recommended.
    Ah, I just kind of assumed that as you were using cheapo/tat interconnects pre to power that all your other cables were of similar quality.
    Assumptions, eh!

I'm James.

Good to hear the AudioQuest IC,s sound good. Not surprised as they seen to have invested heavily in this area and built a very good reputation for innovation and well made, good sounding gear at a reasonable price.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ah, I just kind of assumed that as you were using cheapo/tat interconnects pre to power that all your other cables were of similar quality.
    Assumptions, eh!
    Those are reasonable assumptions. Many of us tend to improve our system incrementally, one step at a time. Hence I still had bog interconnects between my preamp and power amp. Eventually, that had to be replaced.

My next step should probably be power conditioning. Currently using some el cheapo component (paid around hundred bucks for it) -- now's the time to tackle that problem. Any recommendations?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Matt.

I’ve now got 2 AQ cables in my system, & both (somewhat to my previous cynical disbelief) have made nice changes. I will certainly be looking to update some of my other interconnects with more AQ stuff as & when I can.
    I’m not a fan of power conditioning mains blocks, sometimes they can be good but equally for some weird reason they can make things sound worse! From choice, I would just use well made mains blocks with decent cable such as belden etc. I try to avoid the ones with on off switches, led lights & fancy fuses or filters in.
    Last edited by Manicatel; 26-03-2018 at 17:05.

I'm tony.

Alex,
    As Alan rightly says every element makes a difference.

Balanced mains is bang for buck a bargain....airlink BMUs are tremendous value for money.

Dont know if they ship to your neck of the woods!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12