+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croft 7 on Proac Response 3 ?

I'm mickael.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I personally do not like the idea of sand in speakers. Who's to say small particles will not get into the magnet gap and abrade the coil? And yes, finer particles can get through the usual cambric material of the speaker rear cone suspension.
    Never liked the idea either, but I had to try since these are so big and heavy they are not moving any time soon. I also checked that I could suck it all out, it's not going to be a problem and the nearest coil is some 40cm higher up in the box so as long as it's not tilted 120° it looks safe. Now that it's done I have no regrets ;-)
    ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌᴉl ʇ,uɐɔ 's,pƆ ʎɯ uo sǝpᴉs q ou

Main: Custom L75 "La Plancha", AudioCraft AC300, Ortofon MC3000 AnaMighty EAR 834P - PTP5 Schick 12" Cala 103.3 on HA1000 - pre AI Modulus 3A Audio Synthesis Passion - DAX2se - ARC VT60/Quad 909 - Virgo 2
    Office: L78 Mayware Formula IV Ortofon MC10 super - Kenwood KT1100 - Acoustic Masterpiece AM-201or A&R A60 - Rogers LS3/5a
    Workshop: Chromecast - Meridian 563 Dac - Audio Synthesis Passion - Quad 306 or 606ii - Spendor BC1

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I personally do not like the idea of sand in speakers. Who's to say small particles will not get into the magnet gap and abrade the coil? And yes, finer particles can get through the usual cambric material of the speaker rear cone suspension.
    I would imagine that Stuart Tyler's designs would try to obviate the problem of one coming into contact with the other. I don't recall a problem moving my 3.5s from Ramsgate to Norwich and again a year later. I guess I tried to be careful, and can't recall removing the sand before transit. I might have done, though, as it would have been shipped sideways. Makes a hell of a difference, as Mickael has found.

I'm mickael.

Quote Originally Posted by hifistokie123 View Post
    Hi Slaba

I bought a phono unit first (about to take this to Glenn for upgrade to "R" spec )followed by a 25R line pre and 7R power amp from people on this forum.I doubt I will be swapping again,UNLESS I develope an "itch" for 7R monoblocks (I will try to resist).
    I have a pair of Spendor A6 speakers and wondered what the paring might be like.I rang Spendor who were very helpful (thank you Rob) and was pleased to learn that no problems were to be expected.Fortunately that most certainly proved to be the case.
    thanks for your input Dave. If ever the itch scratches, don't resist, your Croft power amp would find a good home here ;-)
    ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌᴉl ʇ,uɐɔ 's,pƆ ʎɯ uo sǝpᴉs q ou

Main: Custom L75 "La Plancha", AudioCraft AC300, Ortofon MC3000 AnaMighty EAR 834P - PTP5 Schick 12" Cala 103.3 on HA1000 - pre AI Modulus 3A Audio Synthesis Passion - DAX2se - ARC VT60/Quad 909 - Virgo 2
    Office: L78 Mayware Formula IV Ortofon MC10 super - Kenwood KT1100 - Acoustic Masterpiece AM-201or A&R A60 - Rogers LS3/5a
    Workshop: Chromecast - Meridian 563 Dac - Audio Synthesis Passion - Quad 306 or 606ii - Spendor BC1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12