+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anybody use Volumio with a Windows shared drive ?

I'm Mel.

Default Does anybody use Volumio with a Windows shared drive ?

I am trying to help Bourneendboy sort his music sharing problem and would like to know if anybody has a working Pi/Volumio system which uses a Windows PC connected hard drive or folder as a music source.

This is not a NAS question which is probably the most common shared music configuration.

I have setup a similar system to replicate his problem and am experiencing similar issues.

I am well aware of the Windows sharing configuration and all is configured correctly and it works fine between any Windows PC on my network

The issue is to do with a non Windows access to a Windows share - I am just looking for pointers to save me trawling the net for solutions.

Initial investigation indicates it is common problem in Volumio but its one of those where folks seem to forget to post the solution !

Please PM me if you have such a configuration on your Pi.

Mel

I'm Paul.

Using cifs:// infront of the path might work. I am not sure if it will work on volumio, but this is what I used to have to use when connecting windows shares on a mac.

Other than that maybe use some third party media server software that allows dlna. You would probably have to use a dlna client on a tablet instead of the volumio control webpage.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread