Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Paul.

I still manage to swap the pronunciation of Aldi and Audi pretty much every time I say one of them. Just cannot seem to get it right first time.
    ~Paul~

I'm gone.

It should be woll woe not voll voe

I'm Martin.

Yes Ive always said Ray ga and always will even though Im sure Ive heard the manufacturers themselves say Ree ga. its not Rega as in the beginning of reggae as that would sound poor.

Even if I was corrected I would still say it just afterwards. A couple of people call me Mark (not even Mart) even though Ive corrected them so I leave it

Ray ga phonetically sound more classy as its a bit of a daft name and Ree ga doesnt trip of the tongue as easily.

I'm Paul.

I had a Spanish girlfriend a couple of years ago.
    I say Spanish, but she's Catalan, from Barcelona.
    Her brother is a season ticket holder but she doesn't care for football at all.

One Saturday night I'd cooked us a meal and we watched a movie and when it finished and "normal" TV came on, Match Of The Day was just starting. I grinned at her and she just smiled and said "Rub my feet and you can watch it".
    Happy to oblige I did so and she was half purring, half nodding off as the show got going ...

I think it was Watford manager Quique Flores who made her sit up.
    Not only is he very handsome, but his voice is rather alluring apparently, especially if you're a Spanish woman (or so I'm told ).
    Casually, I repeated the words "Berry, berry !!" after he said that his side had played "Very, very well !!" because he had that peculiar pronunciation of certain Spanish regions where the V becomes a B when speaking English.
    She got quite into the program then as the next match featured, I think, Pochettino while he was still at Saints and he did the exact same thing, saying "Berry, berry !!" on a couple of occasions. I was cracked up by this point and she was punching me on the arm for taking the piss.

It happened again last night when I caught a bit of the show.
    I can't remember who it was, maybe Pellegrino the current Southampton manager, but I had a Lidl chuckle to myself anyway ..
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    someone told me it should be leedle not liddle
    And they'd be right. That's how it's said in Germany

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    Yeah, as in Scarface
    Sorry, don't get that

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tony.

I'm wondering if it's PED-ANTRY or PEDANT-REE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    A couple of people call me Mark (not even Mart) even though Ive corrected them so I leave it
    Lol - are they deaf or stupid, or both? It's a totally different name!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Deleted.

People often used to pronounce:

Technics as Techniques
    Arcam as Acram
    Denon as Dee-non
    Has this cassette deck got double Dobly?
    Cyrus as Cyprus
    Naim as Nay-eye-mm
    Aiwa as Awiwa
    QED as Qwed
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast