+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Pink Floyd Meddle Vinyl.

I'm Nathan.

Default WTD: Pink Floyd Meddle Vinyl.

Just wondered if anyone has a nice clean press of the above before I buy the reissue on Amazon at £18.99.

I'm Steve.

Brilliant album, Nathan, my second favourite after 'Wish You Were here'.

A happy memory of mine is the first time I played 'Echoes' after going from my Fidelity HF43 mono to a 'proper' hifi. About a minute into it the bass came in and I thought, 'Wow, has that been there all along?'

More than any other record, it was 'Meddle' that fired up my interest in audio.

I'm Russell.

I’ve got two copies, one has never been played. I found it at a second hand shop that was selling vinyl, before the present resurrection, for a dollar each. I figured when my first copy wears out, I’ll have a spare. But I’m afraid it would cost £18 just to ship it to you. I’d get the new copy from Amazon, nothing like a new pressing.

Russell

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Brilliant album, Nathan, my second favourite after 'Wish You Were here'.

A happy memory of mine is the first time I played 'Echoes' after going from my Fidelity HF43 mono to a 'proper' hifi. About a minute into it the bass came in and I thought, 'Wow, has that been there all along?'

More than any other record, it was 'Meddle' that fired up my interest in audio.
    I agree wish you were here is one of my favs too.
    I watched "Brit Floyd" last week in Bristol and they played a-lot from the Meddle album hence the reason I now want it on vinyl rather than a digital rip.

If you ever do get the chance to see Brit Floyd in your area i highly recommend you go. It was Very very good show.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’ve got two copies, one has never been played. I found it at a second hand shop that was selling vinyl, before the present resurrection, for a dollar each. I figured when my first copy wears out, I’ll have a spare. But I’m afraid it would cost £18 just to ship it to you. I’d get the new copy from Amazon, nothing like a new pressing.

Russell
    Yeah i think I'm going to buy the re-press. I thought I would try my luck on here first for a nice pressing first.

Thanks anyway Russ.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    I agree wish you were here is one of my favs too.
    I watched "Brit Floyd" last week in Bristol and they played a-lot from the Meddle album hence the reason I now want it on vinyl rather than a digital rip.

If you ever do get the chance to see Brit Floyd in your area i highly recommend you go. It was Very very good show.
    I may have seen these at a biker festival a few years ago, but I can't remember their name as I was a bit, er, dazed & confused at the time. What I do remember though, was when they did 'One of these Days'. When it got going, the bass was making my trousers flap. Magic!

I have re-issue copies of 'Wish Tou Were Here' and 'DSOTM'. I found the sound quality to be a dull somehow on my set up, like the treble needed turning up. Of course it may be different for you, but I would be inclined to look for a nice clean, original pressing. Easier said than done!

Good luck Nathan.

+ Reply to Thread