+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where was your system at 3 years ago?

Bigman80 Guest

Default Where was your system at 3 years ago?

Having a trawl through Facebook and got the usual "on this day 3 years ago" and found these pictures.

What a difference in the system since then!

So much gear has passed through and moved on.

What's changed in your system in that time? Is it better? What the best upgrade/new piece you think has made the biggest difference to your sound?

I'm Rob.

My main system of 3 years ago is now mainly in my study (home office). Core being Audio Note M-Zero pre-amp, Quad 303 power amp, Heybrook HB1 speakers. The Audiolab 8000S amp that preceded the amps has gone to my father. Other bits and pieces have been sold on. The Teac VRDS7 I had around then died, and the Rega Apollo-R I bought to replace it is still in place. The turntable is probably the same (Linn LP12), though the Trichord Dino has moved onto my father and the Goldring 1042 is now my spare cartridge.

The kit I was using then was good and I still enjoy using them while I'm working. But the kit I have now in my main system blows it away. Beard P35, Schiit Saga, and Fujitsu Eclipse TD512 are just wonderful. I listen to hi-fi in the study. When I listen to my main system the hi-fi disappears and I'm in the room with the artists.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm sorted.

I was apparently experimenting with a number of CD players

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I was apparently experimenting with a number of CD players

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    My main system of 3 years ago is now mainly in my study (home office). Core being Audio Note M-Zero pre-amp, Quad 303 power amp, Heybrook HB1 speakers. The Audiolab 8000S amp that preceded the amps has gone to my father. Other bits and pieces have been sold on. The Teac VRDS7 I had around then died, and the Rega Apollo-R I bought to replace it is still in place. The turntable is probably the same (Linn LP12), though the Trichord Dino has moved onto my father and the Goldring 1042 is now my spare cartridge.

The kit I was using then was good and I still enjoy using them while I'm working. But the kit I have now in my main system blows it away. Beard P35, Schiit Saga, and Fujitsu Eclipse TD512 are just wonderful. I listen to hi-fi in the study. When I listen to my main system the hi-fi disappears and I'm in the room with the artists.
    Yes, hifi in the garage for me too. Still have the Celestion speakers in there but the Pioneers made them sound like you speakers.

I'm Andrew.

Rather boring but my system is still the same as it was three years ago, that's what happens when your happy.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Rather boring but my system is still the same as it was three years ago, that's what happens when your happy.
    Same here, the only additions have been decoupling my components & speakers using Bright Star IsoNodes.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mike.

I was on the Naim merry go round. Had it for 10 years. 3 years ago would have had a Nac 102/180, the 102 didn't hang around long, the 72 that followed it did, 3 years to be exact, added power supplies, mods, etc. They helped - a bit. Sold it all last xmas (you gave me your hifi, but on the very last day you started a paypal claim). Now replaced by a cheapo Harmon Kardon HK6500, is there much difference? I honestly cannot remember. All I know is my system is sounding sweet at the moment. I've realised source and speakers are more important than ampage. Turntable 3 years ago? Heybrook TT2 - replaced by Notts analogue with Jelco arm, my first proper hifi TT I feel, I had the 1210 aswell. Speakers were Epos ES11, and they were nice. But after changing my amp, I feel the Talisman II perform better, smooth, full sounding, listening to Jazz at the minute, and loving it. See no reason to go Naim or other modern expensive brand again, quite happy with my HK amp, but will likely try some other old Jap amp when I see a good example of a flagship model. Am currently working on refinements to system such as better cables (nothing too expensive) and supports, isolation etc. And a second bedroom system as I've a spare pair of Spendor s3/5rs, that were woefully inadequate in my lounge system, why did I think they could do the job the Talisman are currently doing! Admit I'm still a novice when it comes to understanding hifi.

Soon my new (to me) streamer will arrive, which could well change a lot of things!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Cant remember that far back lol.. probably my single telefunkens. Either wad power/ tvc pre or the big Sony integrated. Cd 3 years ago would probably be the pioneer 715. Dac, i cant think...tt probably still the one im using or my old rebuilt thorens td160 with either a firebottle phono or a little schiit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bob.

Speaker wise, 3 years or 30 years, it's still my Tannoy Cheviots.

Amps are the same, so the only differences are, I have changed my source from an Xbox One to an Xbox One X, and the room they are in is larger as I have moved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast