+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caiman Seg Dac With Supercap Upgrade & 15v Linear PSU

I'm Paul.

Default Caiman Seg Dac With Supercap Upgrade & 15v Linear PSU

**NOW SOLD**

Hi,

This is my first ad so please bear with me if not 100% correct! Hopefully the photos / links to photos will work!

I am selling my Caiman Seg Dac (and headphone amp) which I purchased new in Jan 2018. I have also added a 15v linear psu and had the supercap upgrade to maximise performance.

The sound is amazing - definitely the best sounding stand alone dac I've owned (and I've had quite a few over the years!).

I'm selling it as I've just bought a new NAD C338 integrated amp with built-in dac and chromecast. Whilst this can't match the Caiman in the sound department, it's a much more wife / lounge friendly option!

I paid £240 for the dac, £40 for the supercap upgrade and £115 for the lpsu (£395 in total).

Looking to sell for £275 including shipping (uk only).

Please send me a private message if interested.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...k.jpg~original

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...v.jpg~original

Last edited by Daddyfish17; 06-03-2018 at 20:28. Reason: Sold

I'm Grant.

ive produced one of your pics.. the links themselves are not acceptable.. this will keep you legal
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Thanks - spent ages trying to work out how to do it and clearly failed miserably!

I'm Grant.

You have to put [IMG] [\IMG] around the http you have. the box with a tree inside above will do it for you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Ok - thanks

I'm Alan.

You have a pm.

Regards,
    Alan
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Edward.

What a bargain! Not surprised at all that it sold so quickly.

Paul, was there a noticeable change in sound quality when you moved over to the linear PSU?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    What a bargain! Not surprised at all that it sold so quickly.

Paul, was there a noticeable change in sound quality when you moved over to the linear PSU?
    Hi Edward,

Thanks for your message.

I would say the difference was quite subtle (to my old ears) with a slightly deeper bass and a slightly more holographic sound stage. Certainly not a night & day difference but worthwhile nonetheless.

Hope this helps.

Paul

I'm Edward.

Cheers Paul - that makes sense and is commonly experienced. Paul Baldwin's items are well made.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread